Sign in to follow this  
Great Ozzie

FSX Connie Supercharger Fix

Hi All,

When applying the fsxconstellationsuperchargerfix_1_64 patch to the Connie... I lost MAPs (all read zero) and poor performance...

ReadMe file states:

-------------------

Add the following two lines at the end of the main VC panel ([Vcockpit01])

section (given example for L1049G):

Gauge##=L1049G!L1049GGSuperChargerCtrl, 0,0,1,1

Gauge**=L1049G\PL_Gauge!SuperChargerCtrl, 0,0,1,1

-------------------

Note that in the first gauge there are two "G"s before "Super" (L1049G!L1049GGSuper)... you need to remove one of those G's...

My panel config for that section now looks like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

gauge45=L1049G!Light_hyd_press4, 157,762,22,22

//gauge46=dsd_supercharger!supercharger_transparent, 94,248,20,20

gauge46=L1049G!Blower1049, 75,140, 10, 10

Gauge47=L1049G!L1049GSuperChargerCtrl, 0,0,1,1

Gauge48=L1049G\PL_Gauge!SuperChargerCtrl, 0,0,1,1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MAPs (and power) came back... hoping it stays that way... and nothing else breaks.

MM / Rob / Austin you may want to check plz and pass that on.

-Rob

Aha!

Thanks for posting that, Rob. That's probably the cause of some of my ills with the Connie. (Maybe not all, but at least some...).

Craig

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Thanks for finding this Rob. I was testing the Connie last night and still could not achieve the MP you were getting.

I spent a lot of time trying to get this working and still did have not gotten it right. I think the Exec Committe has a responsiblity to provide a full installation package for a plane if they are going to require it for a leg. We should not have to download multiple files plus various fixes and then edit cfg files to get a properly working aircraft.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Rob, thanks for catching this.

My apologies. I have flown the L-1049G for thousands of miles in FSX without encountering the supercharger problem. (I was not pushing the edges of the power envelope.) However, tonight I was able to replicate the problem by running at max (in the green) MP -- as you all must be doing. The "assembled" aircraft that we provided the Racing Committee members did not have the FSX supercharger fix installed ... because I mistakenly thought it unnecessary. Mea culpa.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Rob and I talked about this over TS yesterday afternoon. You can avoid this if you start with the RTWR package and apply the supercharger fix by simply copying everything over (which is certainly the easiest and most practical if you start with the prepackaged Connie). Plus, the older supercharger listed in the first VC window appears to have been removed from the VC config already, so you won't have to perform that step. I can't recall specifically about the aircraft config edits though, so you'll want to double-check those values. I can confirm that I no longer received the "water injection disabled" message after going into high blower.

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1