Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

CDU 'CLR' key as a keybind?

I didn't see any options to bind keys to the CDU keys in the CDU options pages.

Is this possible? I'd really like to be able to push a key on my keyboard for the clear key. I think I push that key more then anything else for pop up messages.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

You can control CDU input with the keyboard. Hold tabulator key, along with Backspace key simultaneously to clear Strings in the Scratchpad.

You can also use the Tabulator key with characters on the keyboard for CDU input.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I know about using tab as a modifier, but was hoping for a permanent keybind.

Thanks for the reply though.

Press right onto scratch-pad with your mouse and green rectangle will leave there.

I know about that too.

The whole purpose was to eliminate the need to use the mouse to click anything.

If I'm clicking the scratchpad, I might as well just click the clr button.

I know about that too.

The whole purpose was to eliminate the need to use the mouse to click anything.

If I'm clicking the scratchpad, I might as well just click the clr button.

I made up a Lua script that generates the IPC controls associated with many of the PMDG NGX's functions, including the CDU keys (all of them). This script is executed via FSUIPC, based on keyboard shortcuts of my choosing. The keyboard shortcuts are generated by pressing the buttons of my replica CDU : not a single mouse click required to operate the CDU ! With a little more trickery, I have also made up a little function that toggles between the captain's and FO's CDU (which use different IPC controls) : handy if you're flying from the right-hand seat. I don't use the Tab key method at all (but that's my personal preference).

Alternatively, look at LINDA, with which you can assign most if not all NGX functions - including all of the CDU ones - to flight control buttons. Not sure if LINDA can also process keyboard inputs though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I made up a Lua script that generates the IPC controls associated with many of the PMDG NGX's functions, including the CDU keys (all of them).

I'm familiar with lua scripts for keybinds, I actually use one for the J41.

Any chance you could send me your script? I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and map it through there. I'm just horrible at writing the lua script :P

I'm familiar with lua scripts for keybinds, I actually use one for the J41.

Any chance you could send me your script? I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and map it through there. I'm just horrible at writing the lua script :P

Robert,

Done : check your PM.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg