Sign in to follow this  
FloG

LatinVFR San Diego released

Thanks for the HU. I'm interested in this airport, but I'll wait for feedback.

My experience with LatinVFR is that this is a dev that doesn't complete or fix their sceneries. I have many LatinVFR sceneries and there are texture issues and their poor photo scenery causes shimmering at night. I'm still waiting for their Miami patch that was promised to be released last year.

I might just pass on this one unless I read rave reviews.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is it directx 10 compatible? Like at night time do the ground textures disapear?

My next purchase. Even if it only comes with part of what is shown in the previews it will be a massive improvement over what I have now for San Diego.

Keith Guillory

At work all weekend but will buy and fly on Monday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Thanks for the HU. I'm interested in this airport, but I'll wait for feedback.

My experience with LatinVFR is that this is a dev that doesn't complete or fix their sceneries. I have many LatinVFR sceneries and there are texture issues and their poor photo scenery causes shimmering at night. I'm still waiting for their Miami patch that was promised to be released last year.

I might just pass on this one unless I read rave reviews.

Same here. Fix Miami performance with the rumored patch then i'll consider KSAN. Until then i'll keep my money.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for your comments. I'm a bit concerned about the textures, too,but I've never had any problems regarding performynce with any of their sceneries. I don't have Miami, though.

it will be a massive improvement over what I have now for San Diego.

That's exactly, what I think, and my reason why I'll by it anyways, except maybe it only gets bad reviews here until I can finally buy and test it (still about a week to go, but I'm really looking forward to that, since there've been some other interesting releases recently).

Regards,

Flo

• Upvote 1

Does it work well and play nice with Mega Scenery X So Cal?

Well, looks like I know where I will be flying this weekend. I normally don't purchase on the first day of release but this being my hometown how could I resist. Got my MegaScenery SoCal, my Utopia San Diego Buildings, my Opus already installed. Just gettin' ready to drop this puppy right in between them.

San Diego is normally has beautiful weather most year round but we have a big rain system coming in tonight through the weekend. Should make for some "hair raising on my back" type approaches into 27. Stood on the parking lot right on short final several times. Sure looks like they captured the flavor of "Sun Diego" :P Tip-of-the-wings to the guys over at LatinVFR. This is gonna be fun.

Clutch

P.S. - Their Key West scenery is also very good.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'll probably get it soon, I have a couple of their South American sceneries and love them.