Sign in to follow this  
FloG

LatinVFR San Diego released

I bought it and installed it on both FSX and Prepar3D. No installation problems, and not much noticeable effect on fps. The airport is very nice and there is some additional photographic scenery in addition to a few new buildings. When you install you have options to install a few extras like static aircraft (I didn't because I have Mytraffic) and some marinas. I was a bit disappointed that the marina in front of the Marriott hotel does not have any boats, but the ones adjacent to the airport do (some already had in the default scenery). The Horton Plaza shopping center near the convention center is not there except in photographic detail, which is only nice if you are flying high. The Naval Air Center nearby has mostly photographic scenery.

The airport itself is very complete. I recognized the passenger overpass over the road as one leaves the terminal to get to a taxi, and all the roads and highways, parking lots etc are there in 3D. The runways are much improved as well as the terminal buildings. I use Ultiate Terrain, Fscene and MyTraffic 2013, and there does not seem to be any conflict. The scenery is installed in a folder in the addon scenery folder and is enabled automatically, so installation could not be easier.

San Diego is one of my favorite flying areas, because I go there every year for a convention, so for me the 20 bucks is worth it.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I'm tempted to get this one, but after my experience with the FPS at KMIA I am a little unsure. You would think that FPS would be better at KSAN since its a smaller hub and doesn't hold near the amount of AI that MIA does. This is one that I wish I could buy through Flight1 so that I could eliminate any risk of buying and not being happy with it and not able to get a refund.

As mentioned by someone else, I may wait for more reviews before jumping in a look at some users screen shots. I'm interested to see how the KMIA patch turns out since they said they would complete it after KSAN was released. KMIA is a nice looking hub, but just needs some tuning to get the FPS up. I was able to mod it a little by deleting all the default scenery objects in the AFCAD that came with it and converting some of the textures without alphas to DXT1 to free up some memory, doing those few things helped performance a little, but it would be nice if they could find away to squeeze out maybe 5-10 more FPS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hate to beat a dead horse, but LatinVFR KMIA, while a very accurate rendition of the airport, must be the worst performing airport I have ever seen, even in this day and age with high speed I7 hardware. Last time I arrived in the PMDG NGX, I had a slideshow on approach at 8 fps, I was astonished to see such low frames, it reminded me of FSX in 2007. As a result, I have to drop quite a few sliders just to use that airport. I really hope they can fix KMIA so that performance is more fluid.

Same performance problems here with MIA. They claim to be working on a patch that will be released after SAN. Once they fix MIA I will probably buy their SAN. But I'll wait until they follow up with the horrible performance and stutters that only their MIA scenery causes.

Same performance problems here with MIA. They claim to be working on a patch that will be released after SAN. Once they fix MIA I will probably buy their SAN. But I'll wait until they follow up with the horrible performance and stutters that only their MIA scenery causes.

I just read a post in their forum where they said the KMIA patch should be available sometime by late Feb or early March. It will indeed be interesting to see what they can do to speed up the performance for this hub. I was so happy to finally have a good looking KMIA, but then somewhat disappointed by the performance of it. If I could just get a solid 25 FPS there like I do with FSDT's major hubs like DFW, LAX, ORD, or JFK while still running AI, I will be a happy camper.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just bought it. Looks and works great!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Ok..I was just doing a flight from KSAN to KSFO. I decided about 40nm out to turn around back to KSAN.

The FPS on my system with traffic set at 30% commercial and 20% GA stayed between 26 to 31FPS. I lock internally @35 in FSX. I was flying the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. Very smooth overall. The only thing I was not thrilled about...IMHO was the cars in the parking lots. There were some 3D models, but in between photo flat cars drawn. Looks good from the air, but on the ground. However credit to the Dev for keeping performance in mind by doing this one element. That's all for now. I will try other AC here to see what results I get. If there is anything of good info for the community, I will report to help others. Have a nice evening everyone. :)

Best, Jeff

"Hi Clutch.. Does the Utopia San Diego have night lighting? Also Utopia has another product called San Diego surroundings. Have you tried that?"

No, Utopia does not have night textures. No I have not tried his "Mission Valley" software. I helped out with a few tips on optimizing his SD Buildings to get better performance. I will not be getting his latest. It's not a bad price for $10, but I can just create my own with better optimization/performance and with night textures..

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I thought that I would chime in with my results. I flew CYVR-KSAN last night and had enjoyed a very smooth approach and landing with the NGX + REX heavy clouds. UT2 Traffic was at 60% and the results were very good. The airport looks good. It is definitely worth the buy for me. KSAN is a fantastic approach over the hills and the parkade on final to RWY 27. I love little hops on the West Coast so this will be a great addition especially for a Southwest flyer. On a final note. I also have KMIA and I have never had any frame rate trouble with this airport either. I should also note that I was using SimSavvy photoscenery as well.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I bought it too... installing now. For about 27 USD it's a good deal!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can someone report the scenery around it like the North Island NAS, with a carrier in port? Waiting for more inputs, but for sure I will get this. Besides LA, Hawaii.....I love San Diego.

I believe the latest AES is compatible with this scenery btw

Yes it is!!

It is and its only 2 AES credits!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg