Sign in to follow this  
FloG

LatinVFR San Diego released

Sorry, Ricardo - It was asked by DanW already, and maybe you missed the post, but this is important for a growing number of FSX-ers -

.....is KSAN DX10-compatible?

Many Thanks,

All the Best,

Hi,

Its only DX10 compatible during the day. During the night it is not.

I tried for weeks to find a way around it for it to work at night to no avail.

Will keep this as an objective in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Ricardo. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You should ask help to Umberto(fsdreamteam) he succeeded to make his airports dx10 compatible. I don't know if competitors help each other but maybe he'll explain you a litte bit.

Ricardo,

Thanks for your consideration of DX10. I tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago using all the new fixes after getting frustrated with OOM's. I flew from FSDT LAX -FSDT YCVR with ORBX PNW, with EVERYTHING maxed (autogen, water, AI etc). No OOM even with ORBX, FSDT, overcast clouds via OPUS and the NGX. I was absolutely amazed. While i realize that the DX10 user base hasn't been all that large I think it is finally starting to grow with FSDT and Flightbeam coming aboard DX10. While im not going to boycott DX9 only developers (I can fly during the day if needed) i can say that any product with complete DX10 support will get my money almost automatically (granted it still needs to be high quality). Hope the night textures can be worked out, and your willingness to attempt DX10 support has convinced me to purchase.

Thanks!

Nick Running

I'll add my thanks to you also Ricardo for taking the growing DX-10 user base in to consideration as you move forward.

I'm hopeful you are also planning to incorporate DX-10 compatibility in to the rework of your KMIA.

Simon

You should ask help to Umberto(fsdreamteam) he succeeded to make his airports dx10 compatible. I don't know if competitors help each other but maybe he'll explain you a litte bit.

Hi,

I think there are certain developers who prefer to remain the only ones with certain technological advantage, and that's understandable. I believe the developer you mention has some sort of software that helps him have that tweak in the FSX engine, it is something that he does not I believe license it, so we can't do that unless someone in the development community shares it among us or I stop production for a few months and try to see (without guarantee) that I can get something to work. The FSX SDK does not allow for the creation of ground polys like they have and it is for us to find some sort of solution to it. I have recently experimented and with large airports is very difficult, with smaller ones is somewhat possible because of the flickering.

I might as well just give the options of either having a DX9 scenery or a DX10 scenery with certain limitations or features that will not be present in the scenery. Not that I will have two seperate sceneries but something the users can prefer during installation.

Thanks

I believe the developer you mention has some sort of software that helps him have that tweak in the FSX engine, it is something that he does not I believe license it, so we can't do that unless someone in the development community shares it among us

All of SIMADDONS stuff is fully DX10 compatible so its not just FSDreamteam. Obviously its a business decision for you but it seems to me that it is possible especially now that FlightBeam is on board.

Nick Running

Anybody look at the Tower view? Sitting over at the "GA" parking near the approach end of runway 9, I can't make any sense of it. It shows a jet that used to be parked there, no runway behind me...a bunch of buildings. And where is that tower anyway?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi,

here is a quick fix:

http://www.flycay.co...26906#post26906

Thanks Richardo, that fixed the texture bleed for me. I had experimented with putting a flatten in the area with where the bleeding was and it helped a little but didn't completely solve it since I might not have flattened the entire area. Your fix did it though and now I can enjoy with no problem.

I think KSAN is your best airport yet and look forward to the KMIA patch. If you can get KMIA performance anywhere close to KSAN performance I will be really happy.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone else using AES and not seeing some jetways working? I'm at Gate 9 and the jetway doesn't come up to my ac

Two things come to mind. Have you checked if a) AES is at the top of your scenery list 2) autogen is set to at least sparse?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm getting a bit confused about the runway frequencies. I see that 110.90 and 111.55 are both listed but no info about which is for which runway.

Someone has the right data. Right?

Jack.

Assuming you mean the localizer frequencies, reports are that these are incorrect but will be fixed. The correct localizer frequencies should be 111.55 for Rwy 9 and 110.9 for Rwy 27. These from the current ILS 9 and LOC 27 approach plates.

Scott

Scott...........

Thanks for the info.

I'll try it out.

Jack