Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Aerosoft Robin DR400 FSX+Prepar3d RELEASED

After that response im not sure i want to support a developer with that attitude...seems extreamly childish.

It is and he has this attitude quite often in the forums which is why I don't purchase any of his designs any more. I also agree the OP could have been more civil, but if his other addon aircraft don't exhibit the same prop animation, then there is something to look at.

In fairness, the developer is right that the default prop animation in FSX is like that AND tied into the FPS and pretty crappy, but knowing that he should adjust his animation to try and compensate for it, rather than giving excuses.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Helen, how does it compare with the Legacy? It sounds like the Robin is a fixed-pitch prop, so presumably not as "sporty" or fast as the Legacy?

Thanks, Bruce.

I would compare it just as Helen did, kind of below the Legacy. IMO, the VC textures of the Robin are great, but could be a bit sharper. But yes, as it is fixed pitch, only throttle matters. There is no fancy GPS in this airplane as there is the Legacy (comparatively). I think we can tell just by the looks of it that this Robin isn't going anywhere as fast as the Legacy either. I really like it, and I think I'll be using this as a main GA until the RealAir/A2A 172's come out.

I don't follow their forums, did anyone see any plans to make the 2160 as well?

I would compare it just as Helen did, kind of below the Legacy. IMO, the VC textures of the Robin are great, but could be a bit sharper. But yes, as it is fixed pitch, only throttle matters. There is no fancy GPS in this airplane as there is the Legacy (comparatively). I think we can tell just by the looks of it that this Robin isn't going anywhere as fast as the Legacy either. I really like it, and I think I'll be using this as a main GA until the RealAir/A2A 172's come out.

Thanks Jackson.

The aircraft may be nice, but that was indeed a poor display of customer support. None of my many professional positions as a "supporter" would have advocated that tone with a paying customer.

- Aaron

The price seems lower than on some of the competition and it looks like they've also added a bit of detail to the FSX ingredients with the otherwise unbreakable engines. ^_^ Could be a winner for me, same as their Dimona.

Can't find anything wrong on their support attitude. I actually see a few topics where wishes are regarded and issues got acknowledged. I guess I'll get her next week. Well, if there's no space program interfering. ^_^

Thanks for your small reviews so far. :smile: Any show stoppers by the way? How's the lighting for example? Or does the GPS eat too much frames or something?

Well I bought it and I can also clearly see the animation issue if you focus on that closely. I think the OP over at Robin support forum do have a point that something is wrong. I however is not that focused on the prop animation so so far I am happy. However I now keep noticing it, and in the long term this might spoil it for me. But apart from that I can say, it is pretty good all round plane, even though cockpit textures could be a little bit more crisper. The plane flies well, and the price is lower then current offering. However it is definitely is NOT in the same league as Realair, who still stood apart in the GA market. It is an insult to Realair to call the Robin on par with Realair.

BUT lets just please note.!!

Well, email/internet is known fact that you cannot see a face when communicating here and there is no way to really determine "tone". You only have written text to try and make out the way something has been said.. Isn't that why they invented smilies.. :P So communication on internet will forever be a problem. :(

so 5 things stand out in regard of the prop issue.

1) The OP said English is not his mother tongue, so this could create interpretation problem, so developer should be aware that things and "tone" can be interpreted wrongly.

2) We all know that "FRAPS" are notorious to show stutters in a video where there is no stutters in the actual simulation. Seeing a stutter in a video, should not let you jump to conclusion that the simulation is stuttering.. Google it. you will find 100's of video makers that try and solve this problem.

3) Don't jump to conclusions. Listen to customer side also and try and see what he says. I wonder if the developer really have read all the info that has been given. If this "jumping" of prop is not happening at any other plane on his system, then surely there must be more to it then to say fsx is culprit.

4) Developers should stop making excuses, and held FSX accountable for every little issue, when we know that other developers could circumvent such issues and get solution. Sorry this is my little gripe I have with some FSX developers, that just cannot accept that their product is buggy, or that they don't have the skill to solve the problem, then they always pull the "FSX" excuse.. Live with it, it is FSX fault.

5) This developer seriously need to take a course in customer relationship. His handling of the issue is way more then childish :Shocked:

:Peace:

• Upvote 1

The price seems lower than on some of the competition and it looks like they've also added a bit of detail to the FSX ingredients with the otherwise unbreakable engines

for the money its well worth it, I think. for an old hand round FSX etc, let us know what you think if you get the Robin.

I don't trust anything that poster says, look at his tone of voice. Notice in his video the framerates are choppy and there is pausing and stutters, but he refuses to believe it's his fsx.

This same poster used to come in here and pick fights with everyone. Especially in the Carenado forum.

That same poster has been more helpful to simmers than most. He never came here to pick fights, he came to help! His rectification of Carenado's GPS, Orbx Lancair's GPS and more that I can think of atm. His reaction to developer's attitude of 'It's an FSX problem' is uncompromising. Unlike so many sycophants. "Oh thank you devs, we love you devs" etc. He finds something wrong, brings it to the attention of said 'devs' and gets kicked for his trouble. The bottom line is that prop animations have come on in leaps and bounds and the Robin's doesn't come up to scratch! Look at the Katana, Legacy or any of Carenado's latest offerings to see how it should be done. The Robin's animation are just laziness.

I see that Bob has already pointed out the shortcomings of FRAPS. Maybe a good lesson to know of what you speak before hitting the keys.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Helen, how does it compare with the Legacy? It sounds like the Robin is a fixed-pitch prop, so presumably not as "sporty" or fast as the Legacy?

Thanks, Bruce.

It's a very, very different beast to the Legacy; my comparison was purely in terms of overally 'quality' within FSX. The VC texturing is second to none, (exterior is nice too but I don't tend to look at the outside of planes much in FSX). Sounds are very, very nice (in some areas such as start up, they are nicer than the RealAir Legacy in my opinion). Frame rates are great, I love the fact that it has an unusual avionics kit-out (for FSX airplanes anyway), and not the usual same old Bendix-King avionics that you see in all the aircrafts offered by some developers.

It's just really really nice from start up (checklist is animated, located at the side of the seat), to shutdown.

I actually prefer that it is a 140hp plane, as that is the typical power output I've flown in the real world (usually a little less; 125hp). I would not (in the real world) be a fan of fast aircraft like the Legacy, I prefer trainers, obviously because I'm 1/3 way through my PPL. I love the RealAir Legacy because it reeks quality and is so immersive, but for my own preferences it's way too fast! :smile:

Thanks Helen,

Yes, I would be concerned about flying something like the Legacy in RL too! I don't know this aircraft, but on looking it up I figured fairly quickly that it was the "FSX quality" that you were referring to! :)

I think it must be a RL pilot's "curse" that we don't care how the plane looks from the outside but are more concerned with the panel and how it flies...

Thanks, and I hope that your PPL training goes well. Feel free to PM me with any questions...

Thanks, Bruce.

Thanks, and I hope that your PPL training goes well. Feel free to PM me with any questions...

Thanks, Bruce.

Thank you sir :smile:

Robin are, I understand, a small aircraft producer, but with disproportionately large slices of the markets in Northern Europe (mainly France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc).

It's a popular trainer over there. And it's pretty unusual as it's made from wood. :smile:

In France DR400 would be the equivalent of the cessna 172 for the US, you can hardly find an aeroclub with no DR400...

Robins are popular in Italy too, especially the DR400-180R version, common for glider towing operations.

This same poster used to come in here and pick fights with everyone. Especially in the Carenado forum.

Another one that want to differ on this. Infact he have done more then his share to enhance especially carenado planes for all users and most probably you might even have and enjoy some of his mods.

anyway this is not to be about the user.. It is suppose to be about the plane. lets stop attacking the person, lets rather play the ball.. :Peace: