Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Aerosoft Robin DR400 FSX+Prepar3d RELEASED

G'day,

I just came across the news that the Aerosoft Robin DR400 has been released. It features engine failures if the engine is not managed properly, realistic RPM levels including magneto tests and Carb heat, dynamic cockpit shake effect on start-up and stall and landing lights that light up surrounding objects, to name but a few of the functions. This one looks fantastic.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I was about to purchase when I saw this. Anyone else experience this.? would like to know if this is an isolated case or do others also expereince this

http://forum.aerosof...-is-just-wrong/

I just tested it. IMO, I'm not ever focused on the prop animation, but the OP of that post has a point, if you really want to focus on the prop animation, it does jump a bit, but not so much where it'd be a distraction to normal flight. I don't think its a deal-breaker.

I just tested it. IMO, I'm not ever focused on the prop animation, but the OP of that post has a point, if you really want to focus on the prop animation, it does jump a bit, but not so much where it'd be a distraction to normal flight. I don't think its a deal-breaker.

I am off to buy. Thanks for your honest feedback.

I was about to purchase when I saw this. Anyone else experience this.? would like to know if this is an isolated case or do others also expereince this

After that response im not sure i want to support a developer with that attitude...seems extreamly childish.

After that response im not sure i want to support a developer with that attitude...seems extreamly childish.

I saw that and figured there must be a special school for the training of customer relations. Lesson one: Any problem you can't be bothered with is an FSX problem. :rolleyes: Unbelievably rude.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Question is always who started to be rude?

If the developer asks the customer to reduce the frames and try again, and the customer refuses and answers "it's just BAD" ...

And the next answer is that he has it then already uninstalled ... come on

I really don't like this modern attitude that, despite how rude the customer is, you have always blow sugar into his beep .

We do not talk about 1 billion $ companies here: we talk about flightsim developers which do that mostly for fun, not to get rich.

Btw: nice bird.

And no, I do not have bad propeller animations! Everything is fluid!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the customer should have to listen the advices, but be realistic - who will support the advice where you have to lock the fps @ 25 to fix the bug? If this is not the isolated case (an the above post is the proof that is probably isolated) then developer must fix that problem, not the customer fixing it changing the whole fps experience.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

<br />Question is always who started to be rude?<br />

Not really. CS should always respond in a professional tone. No reason not to, and plenty of reasons to avoid escalation.

That customer service was bad. I mean, claiming that the difference between 29.5 and 30 FPS is enough to cause "jumps" which cause the animation problem.....PULLEASE!

That customer service was bad. I mean, claiming that the difference between 29.5 and 30 FPS is enough to cause "jumps" which cause the animation problem.....PULLEASE!

Exactly.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I bought this today and from my short experience with it so far, it is awesome! ....... Fantasticly immersive airplane. Superb sounds, texturing, flight model, performane.

I literally could not fault it, and it's my new favourite aircraft in the sim.

I wondered if perhaps there wasn't much fanfare about it here, because as far as i can tell, the "Robin" airplanes aren't so popular in North America. They seem to be prevalent in France and Germany.

The above customer support issue is pretty ugly, that's for sure, but.... you miss this one at your own loss......

I rate it as just down from the RealAir Legacy.

EDIT: Just read that thread again and watched the video this time. I really could not see a problem? .... the oscillations that you can see in the prop effect looks very realistic to me. I see a similar effect in the DA-20 that I fly in the real world (also fixed pitch, like this aircraft). What I saw in that guy's video looked like an effect - working pretty well.

I did think the OP had at least as much of an 'edge' to his attitude as the support guy.

I certainly would not avoid that company's products due to that thread..... this really is a very good little plane.

Just my 2c. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Helen, how does it compare with the Legacy? It sounds like the Robin is a fixed-pitch prop, so presumably not as "sporty" or fast as the Legacy?

Thanks, Bruce.

I don't trust anything that poster says, look at his tone of voice. Notice in his video the framerates are choppy and there is pausing and stutters, but he refuses to believe it's his fsx.

This same poster used to come in here and pick fights with everyone. Especially in the Carenado forum.