Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

PFPX Navdata

An announcement yesterday on the update of PFPX seems the only navdata will be Aerosoft. Not sure if this is their final decision but just informing people before they buy a year subscription elsewhere.

Heres the link: http://www.topcatsim...p?topic=831.330

This is all subject to change after release I would guess.

Sean Green

Nothing Navigraph? :blink:

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

That sucks if true. I use Navigraph for all my needs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Nowhere is stated PFPX will only use AS Navdata.

In the past it was stated only Navigraph was supported at that time.

Yesterday it was announced AS Navdata is also supported (or actually the other way around; AS Navdata will support navdata for PFPX).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Good to hear.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Chris Howard

As I understand it, addon support for a particular navdata product is mainly up to the navdata vendor (eg Aerosoft, Navigraph), as they are the ones who will make the installers to inject the RW navdata into the addon. I suppose an addon developer could exclude one or the other by refusing to share their file format or by legal means, but I doubt that would make much business sense.

Barry Friedman

As mentioned, PFPX developers tried to contact Navigraph but were unsuccessful.

Good to hear that at least Navdata Pro support has been conformed.

Argh, don't like that one bit. But, my guess is that PFPX will be big, and Navigraph will come around. If you check their FMS data list there are supported products there that I suppose have less interest than PFPX.

23.png

I predict that nothing out there comes close to PFPX.

My only worry is the number of supported aircrafts. I fly a lot with JS41 and I have read that it will not be supported. That is why FSBuild will still have a place in my toolbox.

Agreed that this is a serious problem that does not bode well for PFPX. It looks like they're trying to fix it, though.

I guess taking a quick look at the forum link that TopCat do want support from NAVIGRAPH but seem to have trouble getting. I love using NAVIGRAPH but if this is the case, why do somethings have to be so difficult in some developers heads :unsure: .

Having used TOPCAT for a numner of years, I became really disappointed by the developers total lack of interest in adding or updating aircraft, thus turning a nice piece of software pretty much

useles in view of the fact that many of the aircraft configuration files were actually incorrect. Based on such experience, I won't be buying their new product in a hurry.!