Sign in to follow this  
Helen_P

a 25 second video glance at just how 3D (without Autogen!) MSE 2.0 can look. (NJ)

This is a 25 second glance, at just how 3 dimensional MSE can look (without any performance sapping autogen).

This is New Jersey (just over the border from Pennsylvania, near Allentown), in the fantastic new airplane I bought today; "Ant's Aircraft Drifter Ultralight"... about $18 and amazing! :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-6adOXaw4&feature=youtu.be

.....when you fly in that environment, on a home PC, it is difficult to understand how some people can describe MSE as "flying over a flat, barren, unrealistic landscape" ........ it is SO realistic in my opinion.

Very natural colors! However, at what altitude was this recorded, and is the effect maintained at lower altitudes?

Very natural colors! However, at what altitude was this recorded, and is the effect maintained at lower altitudes?

I believe I was at about 3,500 at the time of that short video .....

Above that - it looks fantastic no matter how high you go (as you'd expect).

Below that - it is still exceptionally convincing down to ... maybe 1200, and below that, the effect diminishes. But everyone buying into photoscenery should expect that; it is never going to be at it's best below 1,000, but once you reach up a little higher, the realism is unbeatable.

Love this photoscenery makes more immense flying than the gex or fsx textures. Fly around 1500 to 2000 agl love the pop out effect, and the trees. Not at all like google earth. Water may have problems, but overall its good product improvements can be made to this. Like the fact the fps is not hit and a suped Overclocked cpu not needed to enjoy this.

Yes, witht he 50cm source data it is around 1100-1200ft where you see the scenery in clear full resolution with the 3D effects.

Nice video Helen... Looks like you have your graphics settings spot on too... Nice and crisp all around.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I believe I was at about 3,500 at the time of that short video .....

For some reason, I thought it was recorded from much higher. Now it really seems like an excellent product!

For some reason, I thought it was recorded from much higher. Now it really seems like an excellent product!

Ah, no, always under 5,000 for me on these flights - I flew the Eastern Seaboard (DE to ME) in an ultralite in the real world (I believe it was a Thruster or a Drifter but I was not piloting, nor an aspiring pilot at the time, so don't quote me on that!)... so most of the MSE flights are recreating real world legs, over recognisable areas. :smile:

I know I've sounded like a real fanatic for MSE on these threads and I guess I am, but they are absolutely not perfect.... my personal bugbears number only two though; the badly misaligned airports that have been mentioned (that I feel should be corrected by the MSE product), and colour changes between certain 'photo sets' (even within the same state)... which manifest themselves as straight line borders of colour changes... they really kill the illusion, but I guess are inevitable.

Also in general, it would be fantastic to have more 3D buildings placed near more airports, to make the t/o and landing phases more fun. But I would not realistically expect the MSE product to add buildings to all airports in the US.

I know I've sounded like a real fanatic for MSE on these threads and I guess I am, but they are absolutely not perfect.... my personal bugbears number only two though; the badly misaligned airports that have been mentioned (that I feel should be corrected by the MSE product), and colour changes between certain 'photo sets' (even within the same state)... which manifest themselves as straight line borders of colour changes... they really kill the illusion, but I guess are inevitable.

Also in general, it would be fantastic to have more 3D buildings placed near more airports, to make the t/o and landing phases more fun. But I would not realistically expect the MSE product to add buildings to all airports in the US.

Thanks for the information. Your first criticism is interesting, as from images on this thread, it appears that FSX airports blend smoothly into MSE.

Sudden color changes are annoying. They also occur in the ocean, but I would imagine that transitions between different water colors can be smoothed more easily.

I guess it depends on how and what you like to fly. Early mega sceneries attempted some level of detailed autogen that made them acceptable even to those like me who tend toward low and slow flying (Southern California is a sterling example) but later sceneries lost my interest because as they are currently, I consider them to be of interest primarily to to tubeliner type flyers.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the information. Your first criticism is interesting, as from images on this thread, it appears that FSX airports blend smoothly into MSE.

I think it's a case of some do, some don't to be honest. It seems to me that the larger the airport, the better it blends, but some 'strip' type fields can be badly misplaced.