Sign in to follow this  
RatRace

Best Cessna 172RG Freeware

Guest en_final

Hello ,Can anybody recommend a VERY good Cessna 172RG FREEWARE for FS2004?Please, adviceJuliet Lima

I've kept my eyes peeled for one for about a year now. I don't think there is one.

How about Dreamfleet's 177RG Cardinal ?(edit) Oops, not FREEWARE, sorry ...Come to think of it, is there a good PAYWARE Cutlass around ?

Are you sure there's such a thing as a C172RG? Surely not. C182RG, yes, and there's an FS2002 one that imports well to FS2004, but not C172RG. I may be wrong, of course, but I don't think any C172 has retracting gear does it?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest freequest

>Are you sure there's such a thing as a C172RG? Surely not. >C182RG, yes, and there's an FS2002 one that imports well to>FS2004, but not C172RG. I may be wrong, of course, but I>don't think any C172 has retracting gear does it?>>Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontYes Mark there is a RG version of the cessna 172 have a look at this link http://www.airliners.net/open.file/570051/L/Anyway just FYI :)

Guest TWA23

I believe Mark is right.. The 172 dosn't have cowl flaps. As the picture shown has cowl flaps.. Typo by the photographer perhaps.. Or I could be wrong... I fly the 172 (Real life) and haven't seen any with Cowl flaps... But that pic looks like a 2 blade prop.. Hence 172 ... Thats gonna get me searching the net :-lol EDIT: BLYME They do make an 172RG WOW (Lesson learned: Have your facts before you shoot off the hip :-lol ) Here's one http://www.aso.com/aircraft/81414/

Guest freequest

HEHE i do it all the time im a foot in mouth type of guy when i had a look at ailiners.net i made sure and had a look a heaps of 172RG's ...But i must say its sure a smart looking airplane.

It may not be freeware, but it is VERY good...Dreamfleet C177 Cardinal. Includes two versions: fixed gear and RG.

Bert

Hi.C172RG does exist and it's one one of the popular complex aircraft used to move up and or get your Commercial. See pic below, 33 is the cowl flaps lever. Edit: For some reason my Mozilla cannot upload pics to this site. You just have to trust me. :-( TV

funny thing about the 177 Cardinal...i tried flying it a long time ago and found that whenever you put in some rudder the opposite wing would drop, i.e. push on left rudder and right side wing drops dramatically. Unless theres something different about the cardinals aerodynamics that i dont understand you should in fact be getting the opposite effect, no?Dave