Sign in to follow this  
Alcpone

AMD new build

Hi all,

I have been browsing this forum for a while but have only just signed up recently.

I have built a new system and got FSX installed, I was running FSX on a imac with a i5 and 8Gb of RAM and a HD6750 512Mb GFX card. It ran fairly well on that tbh, this new system is struggling to even get into the low teens fps, I have done the usual FSX CFG tweak and have acceleration installed.

My specs are,

FX 6300 3.5Ghz CPU

8Gb DDR3-1600

GTX 650 ti OC 2Gb

Have any of you guys got anything similar to this spec and got decent fps?

I have GEX, REX, FSGenesis, UTX and a few addon planes nothing that troubled the imac, I am going to be really disappointed if it turns out this system is just not going to cut it. I got advice and was told this would suffice, probably took advice off someone who doesn't play this demanding CPU based sim.

Any advice would help.

Thanks

I got fx6100 amd, but your better off i5 or i7 intel with fsx. CPU what FSX likes I found fps differance is 40% more with intel. fx will run fsx fine at mid settings, but if you want higher setting intel i5 and i7 only way to go.

I got fx6100 amd, but your better off i5 or i7 intel with fsx. CPU what FSX likes I found fps differance is 40% more with intel. fx will run fsx fine at mid settings, but if you want higher setting intel i5 and i7 only way to go.

Thanks for the reply.

What kind of FPS do you get? I had all my sliders wacked up on the i5 in the mac and it still managed better FPS than this AMD chip.

got both the fx6100 and I3570k, and run default setting amd will get 40 fps at mid setting without adds on, but the intel will get closer to 70 fps. Still, lock the frames at 25 for low and slow as I fly in stereo 3d. Amd not a bad chip its easier to upgrade just fsx its cpu greedy.

AMD has sadly been beaten into a coma by Intel over the last few years... Just turn down the sliders a notch or two, you will still have lots of fun with FSX on your setup.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

got both the fx6100 and I3570k, and run default setting amd will get 40 fps at mid setting without adds on, but the intel will get closer to 70 fps. Still, lock the frames at 25 for low and slow as I fly in stereo 3d. Amd not a bad chip its easier to upgrade just fsx its cpu greedy.

I am wishing I had spent the extra on the i5 3570k as this rig is mainly for fsx, I took some bad advice and now I am paying for it. for some reason their are only 3 of the 6 cores pumping away?

AMD has sadly been beaten into a coma by Intel over the last few years... Just turn down the sliders a notch or two, you will still have lots of fun with FSX on your setup.

I can see, the i5 in the imac is only a 2400s @ 2.5ghz and it out performed this chip a whole lot, im hoping I can figure out the cfg abit better to hopefully not have to slide the sliders too far down.