Sign in to follow this  
paula

dx10 for the first time

thing about water is it's reflection of the sky can make it look too light anyway

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

if i look at your picture in WARR and i do the same then it is light grey/blue and not yours which is dark blue and shiny. what do i have to do to get more or less the same?

I would go back to the start, restore your ShadersHLSL directory, get back to a default FSX.cfg, there is no reason why you cannot get the same colours as I do in WARR. Then update DX 10 with 3.2.2 that should be enough, but you can put the darker water mod in although I don't find a need to.

last question and then i wont take your time anymore

if i start again and install 3.2.2 do i have to copy rain40 in the hlsl directory and take out the old ones?

i did that before but got black screen

Once you got going with 3.2.2, then attempt the rain fix - copy the rain40.fx to ShadersHLSL\misc and delete the C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10 folder - run FSX

what do you mean with attempt?

that i have to try it or do i have to copy and past the rain40?

paul,

I use the default cfg file now and I have some questions:

1-what will be the difference if we have no multisamples Q and T in it?

2-in case FFTF =0.33 default and in case of 0.1 will the loading time scenery faster or slower.

fsx dx10 is now smooth enough so I was wondering if 0.1 is faster or slower

3-I have no bufferpools yet so the default is working, do I have to change it? because

with usepools 1 and no further poolsize will take the same default I guess.

what do you mean with attempt?

that i have to try it or do i have to copy and past the rain40?

Yes install 3.2.2 DX10 fix first, once you got it going, then apply the rain fix as I show you. I don't use the water fix. All the best.

paul,

I use the default cfg file now and I have some questions:

1-what will be the difference if we have no multisamples Q and T in it?

2-in case FFTF =0.33 default and in case of 0.1 will the loading time scenery faster or slower.

fsx dx10 is now smooth enough so I was wondering if 0.1 is faster or slower

3-I have no bufferpools yet so the default is working, do I have to change it? because

with usepools 1 and no further poolsize will take the same default I guess.

I don't use those fsx.cfg tweaks, more trouble than worthwhile

ok i will keep the default cfg. I have copied the rain 40 to HLSL misc. Do I have to remove the existing one or does it stay there . the one you mentioned shader 10 I had deleted.

IN THE DOCUMENTATION WHICH i GOT FROM ANOTHER MEMBER WAS MENTIONED THE FSWC LITE. I HAVE INSTALLED THAT ONE AND AFTER CLICK ON IT I GOT A WINDOW TO PUSH SET CUSTOM SHADER. OK I PICK SOMEONE LETS SAY BLACK WATER AS EXAMPLE AND THEN I GOT A FOLDER WATER20. WITH CLICK ON IT I GOT THE MESSAGE DX9 WATER SHADER SUCESSFULLY SWAPPED. BUT AFTER FSX STARTING UP I DONT SEE ANY BLACK WATER IT IS STILL THE SAME AS IT WAS.ANY IDEA WHAT GOES WRONG?

Hi, Paula; There is only one DX10 water in FSWC Lite - it's in the FSWPresets folder, "FSWC+DX10". Anything which has a "20" in its name is DX9, and anything with "40" in it, is DX10.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.