Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Captainsim 777

I agree with alex0987, how does people know that PMDG 777 will be bug free when it's out? 737 had two SPs so its normal for a software to have problems in the release. Even Windows has many bugs and gets updated always. I don't take side and defend CS or PMDG but some people in here are really taking money from PMDG to advertise and talk bad about other products or they are too eager that can't wait for anything. I don't think I'm going to pay a full price but 9.99€ is very good considered looking to the situation. I probably buy PMDG 777 also when it's out but I'm bored of people talking bad about other competitors. Just give a rest and wait for some patches or just don't make comments about it anymore.

Exactly, who knows what will happen, at the end of the day, there a two high quality 777's in production for FSX, that's all I can say, and really, the CS one will do for now, its after all, had huge improvements since 0.1 beta stage

Every day on the official CS forum, a new customer posts their deep disappointment over this so-called v1.0 priced at 60 Euros. And every day a couple of posts over there get deleted by the CS forum administrators for the sake of appearances ...

I have to enhance my own post with this. This is what I just had to post over there in the official Captain Sim forum:

"It's your prerogative ...

... to delete posts or to lock threads, but:

Never ever shorten any posts, not even in your own forum.

My opinion is my opinion, and if you don't want it to show, delete it completely.

'Cause when you shorten my posts, you change the meaning of my post, you change my opinion.

That's an absolute no-go!"

Now I'm serious again ...

Right now, the 777 Captain to me is buggy and incomplete. Right now, 9.99 for the eye-candy is o.k.

My estimate is, CS will release a hotfix for the VNAV issue rather quickly, making this a flyable, but incomplete bird. And, hopefully, they issue further SP's to complete the systems.

So my best guess is, this plane has some potential for the 40 Euro-market (VAT included).

I'm gonna keep my licence and hope for a rise in its value. Not to sell it at a later stage, but to fly the A/C. But don't ask me, please, when it's gonna be "complete" for me ...

and this is what i posted in response to Olli4740 msg:

I believe this T7 turned out to be a complete marketing & PR flop, i think they got wind that "the other" developer will be releasing their offering soon, so in stead of sticking to give a complete product to their customer base, they gave a development product, with the excuse that you as the Beta tester can add value to the chain, in certain products awesome idea, in this one........ well the responses speaks for itself.

Will they build market share, currently i think not, I as a paying (full price not the 9.99 special) customer feel that i have been ripped of, promises were (yes they were) made that V1.0 would be the full release, what happened, that the question..... surely when you go to market with your step 3 release then it should be complete with only very small bugs (which are mainly attributed to an individuals computer system).

Why should there be go-arounds to problems, or switch this button, click your left mouse button, hold in your breath, while jumping on one leg to get something working, when i press the button it should work as advertised, i am no developer or code writer whcih knows the ins and outs and the inner workings of FSX and file and sub file systems with roots etc, i buy a program read the manual and get going.

My only hope is that Captain Sim reads my comments, i know it will be deleted, but guys you can always send me a pm and we can discuss there, which i think wont happen.

I will not post another message here nor will i reply, all i am saying is that maybe go back and re-look at why you made the decision to follow this route on this release, dont make the same mistake again.

Good luck for the future!

lipsrsealed.gif

I copy one of my own posts from a different forum here, too (relating to the premature release of the 777 Captain v1.0):

Captain Robert S. Randazzo must be ROFL; things have been going exactly according to his plan ... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

The CS 777 is a beautiful plane in and out. The problem is that some of the systems are not complete. If you are waiting for a complete CS 777 then you should think this way so as to avoid becoming a beta tester:

.xx Alpha versions (still adding features)

1.0 Beta version (this is what is out now)

1.1 Release candidate

1.2 RTM

The CS will never have the same complexity in systems as the PMDG (whenever they get it released). Graphically, however, the CS is not going to be beat. Take a look at one of the many YT vids. So each sim pilot needs to figure out how they want to use their 777. Personally, I'm not interested in reading thick manuals and running through a bunch of checklists before anything works. So CS with another update or two will be exactly what I need.

Ben

Lol oh boy! So we are still in beta you say?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

My estimate is, CS will release a hotfix for the VNAV issue rather quickly, making this a flyable, but incomplete bird. And, hopefully, they issue further SP's to complete the systems.

CS does not release hotfixes with the 777. They would have already done so since the VNAV in the -300 is improved over the -200. There will be numerous fixes as in all their updates. I'm going to call their next update the Release Candidate.

Ben

I copy one of my own posts from a different forum here, too (relating to the premature release of the 777 Captain v1.0):

Captain Robert S. Randazzo must be ROFL; things have been going exactly according to his plan ... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I'm guessing Captain Robert S. Randazzo will be a whole lot happier when he has released something--anything.

Ben

I also believe that when you charge that amount of money for a product, which as was pointed out by one poster, is charging more than PMDG does for the NGX, which is arguably the finest airliner simulation ever produced for FSX and you make a statement to the user. If you do that, you are entering an arena where you are putting yourself up against the very best in the business. You have to be able to deliver for that amount of money, and if you cannot, people are likely to come after you with blazing guns!

The real fact here is that PMDG sells their products way too cheap, if you consider what simmers would be willing to pay for one of their releases.

They choose to sell their products cheap because they know that the volume of sales will make up for the shortage.

The fact that PMDG sells their simulation so cheap is not a reason for other developers to do the same, especially when they don't have the kind of volume sales that PMDG has.

The PMDG NGX is $70 for the -800 and -900 and $25 for the -600 and -700. That is $95.

The Captain Sim 777 is $93 for the full package.

PMDG never has a sale. Understandably so, since they are already selling their products way too cheap.

Captain Sim often has very good sales that give anyone opportunity to have his products for deep discounts.

Captain Sim is not charging "more money" for the 777. He is charging a fair price for a very competitive product.

To me, both of the aircraft have their good points. The NGX is extremely realistic and system intensive.

The CS777 is not as deep with the systems, but has a little better visual appearance and texture quality than the NGX. I believe that Captain Sim is a master of texture detail, that few can match. Plus the 777 does have a good weather radar, which I like to see.

I have both the NGX and the CS777 (which I bought while it was cheap). They are both very enjoyable simulations. I don't fly the NGX all the time.

I fly it a lot, but sometimes I even like to fly my iFly 737 instead, for variety.

Here lately, I have been emersed in my Boeing 777 Worldliner for X-Plane 64bit. Which is also outstanding.

Thank God that we have more than one developer.

I don't see this "bad public image" at all, that you claim exists for Captain Sim. His products are readily sold at JustFlight and many other reputable vendors, and have been for quite a few years and also have received many awards, including from Avsim.

http://www.captainsi...ews_awards.html

Which publisher would publish the 777 Captain in it's current state of v1.0? It's not a RTM yet, but CS has started to sell it for 59.99 Euros anyway.

And what would be the "verdict" of an Avsim review if this v1.0 would be reviewed, measured like any other RTM release?

By the way, there are a few reviews on the CS 777 v1.0 on the internet, not necessarily on avsim.com ...

CS does not release hotfixes with the 777. They would have already done so since the VNAV in the -300 is improved over the -200. There will be numerous fixes as in all their updates. I'm going to call their next update the Release Candidate.

Ben

I'm guessing Captain Robert S. Randazzo will be a whole lot happier when he has released something--anything.

Ben

CS 777-300:

It comes at an extra cost of 9.99/14.99 respectively. This means that I have to pay additional money to get the VNAV working. And it still won't work in the 59.99-base pack; only in the -300 expansion ...

Captain Robert S. Randazzo:

I was just wondering whether "the man with the hat" wanted to provoke a silly reaction of a competitor in the "777 market" at the end of 2012. If he did - it worked!

Im sorry, now I know everyone is going to probably nit-pic and probably hate me for saying this, but honestly, I have used the CS777. now as a "hard core" simmer and soon to be holding a PPL pilot licence, I can say, it has a few bugs, but, its pretty good considering its one of the only FSX native 777's. It does have bugs, but they are not bugs that make me want to stop flying this aircraft, which I happen to like. Now people instantly say "PMDG is a going to be miles ahead and that CS's 777 is rubbish" I don't agree, For one, how do you know the PMDG 777 will be better, CS are still making improvements and they are adding more and more features every update, that being said, as an NGX lover, PMDG will not fail to impress, but im just saying, don't judge until it is actually released, then we will see, not saying PMDG will be bad because knowing PMDG, their 777 will have extremely high standards and include very innovative and new ideas for the FS industry, That being said, CS does have most yes "most" systems modelled. and im not sure of PMDG's pricing either, but I would say it will be considering the NGX cost more than $50 bucks which quite expensive compared to the CS one, anyway, just thought I would say something because im sort of sick of people putting the CS 777 down, even people that don't have it are..... anyway, not being biased or anything, and this is just from my opinion, but honestly, I like, and will like both planes whenever PMDG releases their version, that's just my two cents worth.

So what I'm getting from your post is, the CS-777 will be just as good..

Oh wait.. No it won't the PMDG will most likely (HELL YEAH) be much better.

Funny :) (cause its true)

On the topic, well I believe most of it has been said by olli4740, IFRclearance and so on :)

On the topic, well I believe most of it has been said by olli4740, IFRclearance and so on :)

Maybe that's why olli4740 just got banned from the official Captain Sim community forum: The truth, sometimes, has the ability to spoil business models ...

So what I'm getting from your post is, the CS-777 will be just as good..

Oh wait.. No it won't the PMDG will most likely (HELL YEAH) be much better.

No what im trying to say is, people are jumping to a conclusion, the fact is that CS are still working on there systems, they are also ironing out all the bugs, slowly but surely. And in case you hadn't noticed, CS actually went and released temporary hot fixes for the issues in 1.0 including a new Air File. PMDG may be better, it may be heaps better, it may be no different we have to wait and see, but all im trying to say is that stop bagging products from other company's, if you didn't know, developers have lives too and everything comes at a time, not all is released at the moment of first roll out, look at windows, OSX, IOS, Android, even, yes, even PMDG..... I still have bugs on my NGX, don't see me complaining about it but, so honestly, when the PMDG 777 is released, (when) which will probably be another year or so anyway, we will see, but until now CS is all we have, and they are working, and I have no doubt about how great the 777X will be, considering the hype that PMDG have gathered, im expecting it to be leaps and bounds better, which honestly as much as your going to argue and kick and scream and keyboard warrior your way through the net about, I don't think it can get much better than it (feature wise anyway) but it will be good, I have no doubt, and the CS one by the time PMDG release theirs may have more systems, less bugs and more features, I believe a taxi cam is in the works. What Im trying to say is this: Don't bag company for what they do, because at the end of the day, its a simulator, and a quite limited one at that, and if you want something with all the bells and whistles, than I think you would need to spend more than what you will pay for PMDG's or CS's 777 and if you want to bag it, I would love to see you guys make a plane, then have hundreds of customers complaining to you, that's what im saying, no bagging, just proving a point. Case Closed

Honestly, I completely missed that official CS 777 airfile hotfix: Where can I find it?

The problems with the 777 Captain are not about development, they are about marketing, advertising, pricing and sales policies.

Do you think CS is going to "iron out ALL the bugs" on their 777? Have they ever finished their 757 and 767? Or rather the other way round, have they "copied" flaws and issue from the 757-/767-FMC code into their 777 FMC?

Yes, I could blame other developers, too. Even PMDG: They once enhanced their passenger version of the 747 by a freighter extension (some of those new freighter features would upgrade their passenger version simultaneously). Some time after selling the freighter/passenger upgrade, they would issue the upgrade (for the standalone passenger version ) for free. How does that feel after you paid additional money for their freighter expansion?

Aerosoft has just boxed an incomplete and buggy extended airbus. (Boxed, you got it? That is supposed to be a RTM!!!)

Wilco Publishing offered an evolution upgrade integrated in a bug-fixing servicepack for their airbus series. If I'm only interested in the bug fixes, I have to pay for the complete upgrade! There's no way around it to get the bugs fixed!

But the 777 Captain is in the 60 Euro market, their advertising is more "courageous" than that of other publishers and their development progress is slower and their communication to their customers is worse.

You're a customer and, what is more, a consumer: Stand up for your rights!!!

I respectfully disagree..

If you wan't my opinion send me an pm and I will be happy to write them, but for the thread sake im all for Case closed, as I'm 112% sure we will never agree :)

- Let's try to talk about it again Q3 this year..

No what im trying to say is, people are jumping to a conclusion, the fact is that CS are still working on there systems, they are also ironing out all the bugs, slowly but surely.

They haven't done that with their 727, 757, 767 and 737 so far, so why would they fix all the bugs in this one?