Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Texbase Folder?

Some of my aircraft (especially my CLS A330) are having parts of the aircraft show up black, most often the wings and engines. I don't understand what is causing it but I hear that you have to copy things from "texbase" (see below) but I can't find that file/folder. Could someone please guide me to find it so I don't have black spots?

Here is part of the readme instructions in one of the A330's repaints:

4. Copy and paste everything from "texbase" into "texture.airfrance_nc", do NOT overwrite any files!

I can't find texbase.

I don't know what structure the CLS A330 uses but I know there isn't a "texbase" folder, I think that's just a generalization for "base texture folder" which in most cases is just "Texture".

Jim

Oh wow. That makes sense because texbase makes me think of base_texture you know? I wish I could have realized that. Well, thank you, I will come back if I still cannot figure it out. Is the base texture folder different than the texture.XXX folder(s) with the individual liveries?

Textures that are common to all repaints are usually placed there, the landing gear textures for example. Actually there's no need to copy them into the other texture folders if you use a texture.cfg listing the base folder as a "fallback". That saves a little disk space, check out the default 737-800 for an example, you'll see that "B737_800\texture" has 26 files in it where "B737_800\texture.1" and the remaining texture folders only have 7. In "B737_800\texture.1" you'll find a texture.cfg, start Notepad and drag texture.cfg into the open notepad window and you'll see where it shows "fallback.1=..\texture" which tells the sim to look in "B737_800\texture" for any textures it doesn't find in texture.1.

"..\" means "go up on level" BTW.

Jim

Okay, I will try that and let you know of the results, but I think I will copy it all instead of using a .cfg file.

If the "base folder" is named "Texture" you might try just copying the texture.cfg from "B737_800\texture.1" into your "texture.airfrance_nc" folder, either way should work though.

Jim

The verdict is:

it worked.

I just took any one of my textures and copied each thing into the texture.airfrance_nc without overwriting the files that were already in there and that caused no issues! Thanks!