Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Apiclass.dll error

This is only place I know to go for help (except Nick @ GEX forum)and he had no suggestions.Getting error message whenever I reboot " can't find Apiclass.dll".Click thru it and no problem.Anyone know how to get rid of this error?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

It appears this dll links to your Microsoft Visual C++ installations. For FSX you should have MSV 2005 w/SP1 and the version should be 6195 as shown at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2538242. You need to make sure you have 2005 w/SP1 installed - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638 then run Windows Update to get the 6195 update. If this doesn't fix the problem, then you should run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and provide us with crash details plus all of the loaded modules (copy and paste them to a post here).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,Thanks for the reply.I ran Windows update and it says I am up to date.I read this at your link."

•  
    IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2005 or Visual Studio 2005, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL update KB973973-x86 8.050727.4053,C++2005 Redistributeal,C++ 2008 Redistributeable x86.9.0.30729.4148 and C++ same as previous .6161.installed.Do I need to uninstall these?I need a little more guidance here.My machine seems to be working OK.I just have to click thru that error message ,so I don't want to screw something up.Thanks,Ron

Jim,Thanks for the reply.I ran Windows update and it says I am up to date.I read this at your link."

Did you download and install MSV2005 w/SP1? Once that is done, then run Windows Update. Windows update is not going to download old MSV's, like 2005 and 2008. These MSV's are usually installed when you install the product (i.e., FSX) that requires it. They manage the installation of your product to make sure the product is installed the way the developer wanted it to be installed. Another requirement is Microsoft.net's. You need Versions 1.1 thru 4.5 installed (with all Windows Updates). You can run this verification tool as provided in the following link to make sure you have all these versions installed. Dotnets are used by the FSX/Acceleration developers and FSX addon developers to make sure their product runs properly to include managing memory for the product so they are important. Microsoft Visuals and Microsoft.net's are not backward compatible so you need them all for this very old program.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,My last post was not very clear.I went to download MSV2005w/sp1 .It said if I had previous versions etc I would need to uninstall.See first part of my second post above.I went to add/remove programs and I have these installed:.I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL update KB973973-x86 8.050727.4053,-C++2005 Redistributeal,=C++ 2008 Redistributeable x86.9.0.30729.4148 and C++ same as previous .6161.installed.Do I still need MSV2005 w/sp1?Windows update keeps saying my updates are current.If so do I need to uninstall any of what I have.Hope I am making this a little more clear.I need a little more guidance here.My machine seems to be working OK.I just have to click thru that error message ,so I don't want to screw something up.Thanks,Ron

My machine seems to be working OK.I just have to click thru that error message ,so I don't want to screw something up

Those quotes you referred to do not apply to you. You never had any pre-releases etc., installed on your system. FSX will install the MSV if it is a higher version that on your system. If it is a lower version than the one installed on your system, it will not install it. FSX most likely installed MSV2005 but there is no way possible that FSX or Windows Update or any other program installed the SP1 to MSV2005. NickN told everyone to update to the SP1 in his guide - Setting up FSX and Tuning It. SP1 did not make it in time before Acceleration/SP2 was released so Acceleration/SP2 used the MSV2005 for installation. See what I'm saying? In the first link I provided in Post #2, it provides all the files required for MSV and the version. You just need to go to Windows Explorer and type in the search box one or two of those files (like mfc80.dll) and see if that version is installed on your computer (version 6195). If not, MSV 2005 is not up-to-date. Some of your FSX addons require MSV2008 and it looks like you have that version properly installed. Again, developers install these MSV's if not found on your system.

This is the first time I have ever seen this error message but the dll IS related to MSV's. Reading your OP again and I see this is not a problem you are having with FSX but with Windows booting up. This is a FSX CTD forum and I automatically assumed you were talking about a FSX issue. Nonetheless, the 'API' in the dll's name indicates a problem with an MSV to the recommendations I suggested may still work. I have Windows 7 installed and I do not have apiclass.dll installed on my system. A Google search did not reveal anything about this dll so you might want to make sure you scanned your system for viruses and malware. If that is okay, then you can try a system restore on a date/time before this error began to occur. That might fix it. You can also try a system scan to repair any corrupt system files - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm. If that doesn't fix the problem then I'm afraid you will have to reinstall Windows.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,Thanks for all the help.I posted this in the general FSX forum because I did not know where else to go.They referred me to this forum.I will use your help and hope I can solve the problem.While I was doing all this I saw I had an upgrade to my Saitek throttle quadrant which I installed and now I am having to redo a lot of assignments for some reason.I have been doing FS for a long time and it gets frustrating and aggravating but I learn a lot.I love to solve problems.Thanks for the responses.Ron

Jim,I just did a file search and I do have a mfc80.dll version .6195. and I did run Windows update.Is this http://pcsupport.abo...sfc-scannow.htm safe for a not to savvy computer guy to run?Thanks for the help.Ron

Is this http://pcsupport.abo...sfc-scannow.htm safe for a not to savvy computer guy to run?Thanks for the help.Ron

For sure! It will scan your system and repair any damaged files. It's done commonly whenever someone has a problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM