Sign in to follow this  
Baba

Can`t save flightplan in MCP

Hello fellow aviators!

My first post here, but have read many others with great interest.

Thank you all for interesting topics and good sugestions that really helps making this fantastic add-on aircraft even better!

I have flown the 600/700 in FS2004 earlier, now jumping into the more sophisticated ngx. A lot to learn, but fun all the way, despite the drooling..hehe..

Working on tutorial # 1 yet. However: I can`t save my flightplan in the MCP! (I know: It`s not a part of tutorial 1, but still...)

I get the message "CONFIRM" (at white background) at the save button (RTE pga 1) - and "Execute" button lights up.

But nothing happens pushing either buttons.

I have localized the save file in fsx/PMDG/Flightplans - there is only one flightplan - called "LOWIEGLL001.rte"

Have tried some of the tricks others have mentioned, (e.g. type a name for the file, remember three digits at the end (001)).

There is no such thing as a generated name popping up either (which was my experience in FS 2004, e.g. "ENVAENGM01".)

Hope someone have the trick for this one. Bad thing if I have to load complete flight plan each time I`m supposed to fly - steals time I would like to use to learn all the other things with this fabuolous aircraft.

Anyone?

appreciate your help.

Baba

I have localized the save file in fsx/PMDG/Flightplans

On my system at least, flight plans saved using the FMC (note: not the MCP; that's the control panel mounted on the glare shield) are stored in the fsx\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX directory, so you might want to have a looksie there. Also: did you install FSX in its default location (i.e. in C:\Program Files)? If so, that may also be causing issues like these, and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble by re-installing FSX into a different directory.

Cheers.

Run FSX with the Run as administrator command - Windows probably isn't giving FSX permissions to write to the Program Files (x86) folder and its subfolders. This is why we recommend installing FSX in a location like C:\FSX - Win Vista and later put permissions restrictions on old programs that weren't designed for the UAC system like FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

FMC it is, of course, thank you, hehe.

I have tried to figure out the "Run as administrator command" - but didn`t make out how to do it properly, have read it somewhere, it helped me when the liveries manager didn`t work.....

It seems like it is a good idea to reinstall FSX and PMDG then?

Any tricks or trouble I should be aware of doing that process?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

Baba

Just for the record:

Reinstalled FSX to C:/FSX (NOT the default location) - and then livery manager, saving flightplans in FMC, and saving flights/panel states works like a charm!

Thank you for your help, Tabs and Lek 767!

Back to tutorial # 1 then...! This is fun! :)

Regards

Baba