Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Simple question about REX

Hello simmers,

i am planning to buy rex essentials and i have some dubts.

1. once i install rex, is it possible to "setup and forget" so i can start fsx with its native UI, flight planner, and weather system?

2. how much big is the frame per second impact?

Thanks so much for any suggestion!!

Hi Alberto

you can install REX and just use the textures.a lot of people do.

in my opinion you would miss out on some of the best bits.

the REX weather engine does a fantastic job with Fog and visibilty and for me that is very important.

the clouds are amazing and look very lifelike even in 1024 res which i use.

FPS are no different for me at this Res,you will see a hit if you use the higher res settings,depends on how good your system is.

I can highly recommend REXE,support it is very very good.have a look at the REXE web site and ask a few questions there,they are a very friendly bunch.

steve

Amazing add-on...

I can't fly without it...

Burak Tuncel - Eskisehir, TURKEY

Core i7-2600K, ASUS P8P67 EVO, G-Skill JiprawsX DDR3 - 1600 Mhz, 2x4GB, WD Cavier Black 1 TB, n-Vidia GTX460 - GIGABYTE, HAF-932, SAPPHIRE Pure 625 W 80+

REX is the best and a must have add-on. Don't think twice. This one is a winner.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

glad to hear all these good comments! :)

well, i was asking if there is a "save and forget" options in the setup of rex. i mean i do not want to use the rex interface everytime. i prefere to use fsx interface to start a flight.

if i start a filght using fsx planner and weather options (i.e. real world weather), will the flight have the beautiful rex clouds?

if i start a filght using fsx planner and weather options (i.e. real world weather), will the flight have the beautiful rex clouds?

Yes.

You could say REX is two programs in one. You have REX the texture addon and REX the weather engine. (The planner is an addition not much people use, I think...) I only use REX for the textures (clouds, skies, water animations). This means I only start up REX whenever I want to change those textures. After I have changed the textures and REX has installed everything into the FSX folder, I forget about REX and simply start FSX to do whatever I want to. (I could even uninstall REX and still those textures would be used!)

If you want to use the weather part of REX then you will have to start REX everytime before you run FSX or let the weather part start automatically whenever FSX is started. You have options to let REX install new textures everytime: some people like that option, some don't.

Anyway, EVERYTHING is optional and that's great.

Ok, at least i installed REXess. At first i choose to install just the textures and it was like "uhm, ok, a little bit better quality... nothing awesome"... Then i tried the weather engine....... and i was like O___o OMG WOOOOOW!!! :D

It is absolutely stunning!!!!!! It looks like a totally different videogame.

Anyway to use the weather engine i always have to open REX. And ok, it is not that terrible.

The other thing i do not like is that when it inject the weather data (each 15 mins) the visual changes are very "sudden". You know what i mean? Is there a solution for it?

Thanks so much!

REX is the best and a must have add-on. Don't think twice. This one is a winner.

Exactly, first thing do after FSX re-install on new computer Rex just love the clouds and storms, sky, water textures.