Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Flight Toolkit - Beta testers wanted!

A well-known and enterprising developer has put together the very first addon tool for Microsoft Flight.

For the moment, the Flight Toolkit will:

- extract airplane textures from the pak container so that they can be repainted;

- then, it will create an addon package with the new livery including all the necessary files required for installation in Flight;

- and finally, the Toolkit will install and enable the new addon package (livery) in game.

This Toolkit is amazingly simple to use and will allow us to expand Flight as we have long wanted.

The Toolkit is now coming out of the alpha phase and requires beta testing. If you are serious about Flight and want to join in this fabulous adventure, please send me a Private Message with your e-mail address. I shall send the replies to him so that he can contact you with the relevant details.

Obviously, a large part of this tool concerns repainting the default textures, so repainters are most welcome on the beta. But, part of the Toolkit is also concerned with installing addons made by others (share addons among your friends! :lol: ) so if you are willing to make an effort to test this great tool, please don't let this opportunity pass you by.

In any case, once it is out of beta, the Flight Toolkit will be made available to all Flight users and enthusiasts. Look forward to it!

Best regards.

Luis

Luis! Congratulations and THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this available!

I will not offer as a beta because I never even tried to paint any MSFS aircraft - it's the kind of stuff I never tried to do in my all simmer life :-/, but I look fwd to get additional paints for the default aicraft ;-)

Now... if only we could have the support from MS to allow for a weather toolkit .... Something so simple that could at least allow to make variations from the default ISA weather conditions (temperature and pressure).....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Luis, you are turning Flight from a good game/sim to an even better one! I'd love to opt in, but I will opt out for this one. I've repainted before, but in a horrible fashion. Also, since I'm in school, I won't be able to come around to beta test this.

But great job!

Hope to see it out to download someday!

If I could choose a name for this, I would call it a Flight SDK for Repainters.

Does this mean add-ons as in aircraft...eventually?

This should wake someone up at Microsoft.

I have never attempted painting before either. Once it is out of beta I will give it a try. Thanks for in information. Things are looking up.

Steve

Will definitely get this when available, but like others not experienced enough at re-painting to be useful as a beta tester. Great step forward, and hope this leads to more, such as scenery development, which I think Flight needs the most. Glad to see this coming!

Ken

I'll be a guinea pig for the thing! Can't be any worse then the fun I had trying to install Flight on a brand new install of Win7... :mad:

I have no painting skills (I move dirt around), but I can test installing and uninstalling stuff.

I have no painting skills (I move dirt around), but I can test installing and uninstalling stuff.

No one said you had to have painting skills to paint. All you need to have is computer skills the willingness to paint. That's of course, if you have spare time.

No one said you had to have painting skills to paint. All you need to have is computer skills the willingness to paint

What he said. Everyone has to start somewhere. Learn as you go along.

How difficult would it be to grab a copy of one of the Maule paint jobs and do a color replace on the trim to make it red instead? This is the kind of simple stuff you start with.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If I learn how to, and find the inspiration and the time, I'll try a C46 painted like the old Dakotas of TAP circa 1940 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Luis - PM sent.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Is this tool automatically creating mip maps?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5