Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

FinlandX - Freeware in a league of its own!

I don't know if any of you have tried out FinladX, but I wanted to pay my respect to Janne Sinkkonen and Tatu Kantomaa who made this incredible scenery!

FinlandX includes:

• Custom landclass based on official Finnish Gouvernment data;
  • Custom LOD 9 mesh based on Jonathan de Ferranti amazing data collection;
  • Custom autogen to make buildings look more Finnish;
  • Custom landclass textures of amazing quality for the wilderness areas;
  • Custom iced lakes and iced sea shores;
  • Custom seasonal changes for different parts of the country;
  • Custom rivers, streams, lakes, roads, powerlines, coastlines and railroads.

But that's not the most amazing part: The landclass is all custom built using automated polygons from official data, hence giving a much more accurate and realistic landclass coverage than the default grid system of FSX can handle. Not only that, but it comes with a super easy installer and changes to textures, autogen etc. only affects Finland and won't screw up any other part of the FSX scenery. There is no need for texture/seasonal switchers, control panels or centrals. These guys are in a league of their own, and better than most payware developers.

So if you ever want to fly to Finland in FSX go check it out. There is nothing comparable out there (that I know of): http://files.fsnordi.../?download=2245

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Either the site is bad or your link does not work.

Works just fine on my end...?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Link is not working for me either. but this looks really amazing!

I must try flying in Europe. I'm ashamed to say that I have been using FSX for a few months now and have not ever flown outside of North America. But that's just because I'm flying closer to home for PPL and VFR practice.

Anyway, sorry for waffling on - this looks amazing, especially for free!

Superb that people will work hard to create something on this scale, for others to enjoy. :smile:

Yes I have it. I did some flying around there but haven't been back in a long while.

What's missing now are good airports with lots of detail, clutter...etc. I started messing around with this but have so many other projects on the go I gave up.

Here's a working link to the front end.

http://www.fsnordic.net/

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This does really look good. I did a quick check around but there dont seem to be too many airports available for fsx in Finland, other than a couple of more major ones. Does anyone know whats happening with Swedflight project? I thought they were working on an updated version...

Alex M

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

<br />I must try flying in Europe.  I'm ashamed to say that I have been using FSX for a few months now and have not ever flown outside of North America.  <br />

Since you like flying photoscenery, you should try the freeware project NL2000. The quality is better than any payware.

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/

Thy have the NL2000 4.3 and they are going to be releasing the 4.4 version with winter textures and Night textures pretty soon.

Its breathtaking ... Netherlands..the whole country

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10949&g2_serialNumber=1

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10934&g2_serialNumber=1

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10940&g2_serialNumber=1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Cool... especially the frozen lakes/waterways!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the linkys guys! Having lived in Noord Holland, looking forward to seeing my old home.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Oh this one, indeed a great addon. I just hope those Finnish scenery developers would make some more smaller regional Finnish airports for FSX, then I would consider returning there in FSX world.

Maybe in a few years when I have more free time if I learn enough 3d modeling I could make some airport myself.

Thanks a lot for the links! This stuff looks really nice. Somehow, I stumble into fsnordic every now and then, but always forget this site existst right after visiting it, so I'm glad everytime someone points a link to them.