Sign in to follow this  
mr340

30 FPS On Runway Then Drop After a sudden Pause ?

When am at the runway ready for take off i have 30FPS , but as i push forward the throttle an speed down the runway i get the 2 second stutter then FPS drop to 10. Am not at my computer right now. But when i get home i will post my fsx.cfg so you guys can have look to see if i have something i shouldn't . Anyone have any idea what the problem might be ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Usually happens because your HD is dragging stuff slowly into memory. Traffic at airports, clouds, etc. try pausing until the HD light stops flickering.

I have this issue to. I think that I have found it linked to Ultimate Traffic 2 loading the ai planes.

Mmm never thought of that am going to test this right now . Thank you

Usually happens because your HD is dragging stuff slowly into memory. Traffic at airports, clouds, etc. try pausing until the HD light stops flickering.

I notice that at some point , am going to try this as well thanks so much.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

When am at the runway ready for take off i have 30FPS , but as i push forward the throttle an speed down the runway i get the 2 second stutter then FPS drop to 10. Am not at my computer right now. But when i get home i will post my fsx.cfg so you guys can have look to see if i have something i shouldn't . Anyone have any idea what the problem might be ?

At least you get 10fps, I average about 3-6 FPS most of the time.

Another thing to consider is that at some addon airports, like FSDT for example, when you start moving down the runway the scenery can start loading and unloading scenery objects which can sometime cause a slight pause or drop in performance.

I also noticed that when I installed some REX taxiway, runway, and apron textures that were HD, I would sometimes get a stutter or two when I started rolling, I fixed that by installing regular resolution REX ground textures in DXT1 format if they didn't have alpha channels. That cleared it right up for me.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you are loading the plane at the runway ready to go, then Ultimate Traffic 2 is the likely cause. However, the pause of loading traffic usually happens only a few seconds after loading the flight, so if you have already taxied to the runway, then it is unlikely to be the cause and something else will be to blame.