Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

New GEX Version 1.096 Screenshots

Here are some sample screen shots from the updated version of GEX textures. I had the prior version and went to the bother to download the new 1.096 version.

These shots were taken using Spring season textures.

Hope you enjoy them and Happy Flying!

The urban textures look quite nice, but I particularly like the FlyTampa-style field textures!

Looks good, thanks for sharing.

I am going through the same ordeal tomorrow. I have to dl it at work where I have fiber, my line at home is too slow.

Do you use any other mesh or class addons like FSGlobal and UTX in these shots?

By the way, when upgrading/buying new GEX via dl, is it possible to dl in one location and bring the files over to a new location to install/activate?

Cheers,

Morten

23.png

Do you use any other mesh or class addons like FSGlobal and UTX in these shots?

By the way, when upgrading/buying new GEX via dl, is it possible to dl in one location and bring the files over to a new location to install/activate?

I use FS Genesis mesh and UTX. The combination with GEX looks supurb. Yes it is possible to do in one location and bring the files over to a location of your choice.

Thanks, appreciate it, yup, sure looks the deal. I have FSGlobal and UTX, restored backups (not sure why I bothered...) and removed everything GEX yesterday to upgrade. I am taking the plunge and getting all FSGlobal, UTX and GEX packages now. I am pretty much flying all over the world and this combo gives me so much better immersion, I dont have an optimal system so I cant run autogen high, but textures, class and mesh with pretty high resolution goes fine.

23.png

I prefer to use GEX + UTX + REX + FSGlobal

Th only other I would consider would be

ORBX + FTX + REX + OZx

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

The more I look at these textures the more I like them. Just flew a short PDX flight at dawn. The dawn and dusk textures are so darn good. Hope you don't mind one more screenshot.

Wow—great cloud layer and very convincing street light effects!

Sure you got the latest version?

v1.096 is the last version.

The latest version is 1.099 and can be obtained by purchasing GEX Africa and the Middle East - v1.20, GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics - v1.10, or GEX Asia and South America - v1.0.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great shots, especially the fields look really nice!

Sure you got the latest version?

v1.096 is the last version.

The latest version is 1.099 and can be obtained by purchasing GEX Africa and the Middle East - v1.20, GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics - v1.10, or GEX Asia and South America - v1.0.

Well that is a good question. I guess I got the latest free updated version. But it definately is much better than my previous version which I purchased in June 2012. So my question would be to anyone who can answer, is how much difference is there between the 1.096 and 1.099 version?

Since the only area that I own and want to fly is North America, then if I have to buy another area that I will never fly in just to get the 1.099 version, then that just doesn't seem fair or right. I hope someone at GEX is working on this.

Phew, finally done, 4 hours of installing all UTX and GEX regions. 1.99 came automagically when I enabled the other areas. Will testdrive a bit and then defrag tonight.

23.png

(snip) So my question would be to anyone who can answer, is how much difference is there between the 1.096 and 1.099 version?

Since the only area that I own and want to fly is North America, then if I have to buy another area that I will never fly in just to get the 1.099 version, then that just doesn't seem fair or right. I hope someone at GEX is working on this.

My guess, since the rev increment is tiny, is that a few textures from the other areas can be used, i.e. shared, by the NA area. As a 1.096 user I'm not worried about it. Posting this at the GEX forum at SimForums should provide the definitive answer.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

The new version looks very nice, I have it but i'm to busy flying in Orbx country. :biggrin:

Fantastic set of shots !!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

I never really liked the GEX textures, something to do with the color.