Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

I´m not sure which one I should get. (or any other alternative?!)

Of what I read so far, you need to have a registered version of Flusipc installed (which I don´t have) and there may be problems when installing it to FSX.Those infos were quite old though, so maybe these problems has been patched out meanhwile.

I´m looking for some more details in regards of the VCs, bugs, sim-depth etc.

Thanks in advance!

Before deciding on which acrft.....I strongly encourage you to get fsuipc and spend time learning it as it will give you so many functions you don't have. I use FS9 and have FSX (which I don't use), and I cannot see using either w/out FSUIPC. It is well worth the money. I would say it is the first utility/ add-on everyone should get after the sim they choose. :rolleyes:

Be aware that the Flight 1 Mustang doesn't work under Windows 8 Pro with no fix date from the developer. If you're thinking of upgrading your OS soon that might be a factor.

FSUIPC is worth paying out for.

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I really don´t mind paying for FSUIPC but so far I wasn´t aware of the fact that this is really needed. My addons, incl. aircraft, so far, worked without it.

Guess I will get FSUIPC tonight then.

I´m using WIN7 and I´m not going to change it soon.

Anyone currently flying one of these planes? Frankly I´m pretty much interessted in the Eagle Citation X 2. Is it a good one?

Guest Mik75

The Eaglesoft Citation is a very nice addon with a decent system simulation. But I prefer the Flight 1 Mustang. To be honest, it is one of my favourite planes, the G1000 in it is really good. Only thing that's missing is the VNAV feature to calculate the TOD. That can be done "by hand" quite easily. And on my new system (i5, GTX 670), the performance is really good!

Personally I prefer the Eaglesoft, although they are two very different beasts. The Mustang looks nicer, but the Eaglesoft gets much better frame rates, flies higher, faster and further.

G

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk. Typing errors expected....

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Manual flight in the Flight1 C510 is a pleasure. I like the C510 because it contains both commercial and general aviation elements: the jet engines and G1000, respectively.

Its sounds seem slightly bland, but its VC is good (perhaps not up to Carenado standards, though). I fly it when I want to escape the B747's complex flight planning procedures and extensive automation.

But I prefer the Flight 1 Mustang. To be honest, it is one of my favourite planes, the G1000 in it is really good.

Totally agree, the F1 G1000 is in a league of it's own.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I prefer the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0. It is slightly dated, but the systems simulation is really good, it flies really nice and I personally think it's a bit better looking as well. Also, in my opinion, the procedures are more interesting and the Honeywell avionics are quite a bit more interesting to me than a G1000.

We always suggest that simmers should own both. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Eaglesoft CitationX 2.0 VC is dated. I have both, but I only fly the Mustang lately, there is something about the overall experience that keep bringing me back. It's just feel right. Both are sold via Flight 1 wrapper, so you have 30 days to try and ask for refund for the one you don't like.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I think I am gonna go with the Eaglesoft Citation X. I really like to look of the cockpit and for me, as I´m usually flying small, fast and low, it´s a nice compromise between general aviation and commercial aviation.

I was a bit confused by the FSUIPC and "safe mode" installation posts on some forums, but I´ll give it a try;)

Consider what it is you are looking for, they are 2 very different planes. If you want to go fast and high get the X, slower and med altitudes get the Mustang, or the ES CJ (which I prefer).

Jay

Yeah the citation x is definitely for fast and high. Even the mustang cruises at FL310. But it's not fast.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I´m not sure which one I should get.

I also had the same question, and opted for the Eaglesoft X2. Like others have said, the graphics are a bit dated-- but that lends itself to really good frame rates. The sounds, lighting and system programming are excellent. The only annoying "bug" that I have experienced is sometimes changing views the panel gets strange graphical glitches-- but that is easily fixed by changing the view again. As for flying it, well coming down from 50,000 ft and having the agility of a small fighter jet, its a lot of fun. Challenging for sure. That said, I love it!