Sign in to follow this  
dewback

Flight1 Citation or Eagle Citation X Extreme 2

The Citation X has way more sophisticated systems simulation than the Mustang, if you're into that.

I was a bit confused by the FSUIPC and "safe mode" installation posts on some forums, but I´ll give it a try;)

FSUIPC is only used for full FADEC operation. Some folks don't even realize what FADEC is or how it operates and so never miss the feature.

That said, the CX 2.0 works well with or without FSUIPC/FADEC.

The Safe Mode installation tip is true for many addons which include Navigraph updateble Data Base because some obscure Windows security settings can be bypassed rather than present a block to the install.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I own the Mustang and really enjoy flying it. It flies similar to the Duke Turbine and has the G1000....higher and a bit faster than the Duke and with better views out the window. I don't have the Citation X...haven't tried any of the Eaglesoft airplanes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Eaglesoft Citation Xv.2 is one of my favorite aircraft of all time. Whenever I start flying it, I just about get addicted to it. It hand flies great for manual approaches, it has very good systems and an accurate FMC, yet you have to stay a little on top of it managing the throttles, since it uses FADEC and not autothrottle.

The Mustang is also a good sim, so you really need to consider getting both of them.

You surely want to get FSUIPC registered. I preset all of my aircraft controls through it with profiles, so that whichever aircraft I fly, my controls are set and ready, whether I'm flying with my joystick, yoke, or whichever throttles that I use.

I wouldn't be without it.

I have both and like them for different reasons. The CX 2.0 was a bit of a challenge to get the FADEC working as it was designed to do but lots of google searches and playing around solved that problem. The CX 2.0 is also more FPS friendly than the F1 Citation. The CX 2.0 has lots of systems to manage unlike the F1 Citation but then again, thats like the real world. The lack of VNAV on the F1 was a bit of disappointment but its still a fun plane to fly, as is the CX 2.0.

I'd recommend getting both but bear in-mind that on a weak system, the F1 is a FPS killer.

I have both and also the CJ1 2.0. I had to take the Mustang off my system because I was getting cascading issues which were starting to affect my whole system however it's a great sim. The X is a far more complex aircraft. I found that without FSUPIC I couldn't get the throttles to work properly though. The other alternative is the CJ 1 ver 2.0 it's closer to the Mustang. The eaglesoft products are long in tooth and need updating graphics wise otherwise they are highly recommended.

The eaglesoft products are long in tooth and need updating graphics wise otherwise they are highly recommended.

That's the big reason why I didn't go with them. If the systems are good, there's a real opportunity there. If the switches worked like PMDG switches, double bonus.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

This question is like asking, what car do you want, a Ferrari or a Bentley? They are 2 different aircraft. You should get both, the X for longer flights and the Mustang for shorter hops.

We always suggest that simmers should own both. B)

Always the diplomat, Mr. Hamilton...

Flip a quarter on this one.... and then get the other when your change jar fills up again. They really are quite different. The citation feels like it's for the rich guy who can afford one and the X feels like its for the billionaire who can afford one AND the flight crew, too.

Mustang is OK, but you have to get out and push it over FL260 to get it to FL300 and over... FL350 being it's best cruse alt.

ES CX is so deep system wise... don't skip the manual on that one... not because it's hard, but because of the great features it has. Cold and Dark? Yea... it does that... unlike the Mustang, which is harder then herding cats to achieve... Dead battery in 30 seconds if it aint running. One of the very best MFD's ever seen. It's like being on the Enterprise.

CX is fast. You have to go Mil to get faster. If you do real flights with it as I do, and go back to bore and stroke iron, you'll soon sound like the kids... "Are we there yet!"

Always the diplomat, Mr. Hamilton...

Flip a quarter on this one.... and then get the other when your change jar fills up again. They really are quite different. The citation feels like it's for the rich guy who can afford one and the X feels like its for the billionaire who can afford one AND the flight crew, too.

Well said and certainly a well thought out approach to sim aircraft ownership! B)

Dead battery in 30 seconds if it aint running.

That statement can be applied to many FS Aircraft and FSUIPC does offer a fix for those who dig around in there a bit.

The actual function name escapes me at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

That statement can be applied to many FS Aircraft and FSUIPC does offer a fix for those who dig around in there a bit.

The actual function name escapes me at the moment.

There's an eternal battery life checkbox on the Miscellaneous tab.

Gregg Seipp

There's an eternal battery life checkbox on the Miscellaneous tab.

Just checked and it's called Extend Battery Life.. :Nerd: Could depend on the version though.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Something to consider is AivlaSoft EFB which will give you modern nav to aircraft that use the default GPS functionality of FSX, so you can have proper SID's, STARs route tracking TOC, TOD etc This would open the door to aircraft like the Feelthere Phenom 100 and Lionheart Epic Victory for you to use but with a bit more nav capability.

At the moment the Phenom 100 (with Aivlasoft EFB) is filling the gap for me with the F1 Mustang and I also own the Citation X V2 as that does high and fast as well as have the legs to go long distances. For a more involved (as in workload) but still highish and fast for GA experience the A2A P51D Civ Mustang (with Reality XP 430) fits the bill.

The Citation X for me requires more study and going through the videos compared to the F1 as the avionics don't have the same ease of use of a Garmin 1000 but this is due to the aircraft not the simulation. However after setting up the FADEC and throttles am about to give it a proper first flight. I also own the CJ1+ but haven't learnt the systems yet as different from the 1000 / 430 type, I suspect after learning the Citation X the CJ1+ will be easy to pick up.

Eaglesoft.... Great FPS, Sandel efis which I really like, just a great aircraft by Eaglesoft. I wwish they'd bring something new out such is their quality. May be a little dated (so is level D 767 but I woulddn't be without it) but it works so well in fsx.