Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

s turns

Hi guys

I got some problems with s turns aso. I have read the documentations from pmdg and aktive sky 2012!

Set turbulence scale to 0.5 and change some settings in the fsuipc ini file! Use aktive sky 2012and fsuipc latest version and registert and all weather settings off! Aktive sky default settings via dwc mode!

I have found out when you set for example smoothing in fsuipc or supress turbulence aso. this doesnt work anymore with as 2012! The only thing that helps with turbulence is to work with two settings!

1 turbulence scale

2 windturbulence in as 2012

To deaktivate turbulence in fsx is not an option for me because then 0 turbulences while flying!

Anyway...sometimes n1 engines going up and down while in crz mode. Also in climbmode sometimes the climbrate is going up from for example 1800 to 3000 very fast for one or two times when i am climbing!

S turns i got if the the diffrence between the waypoints is too far!

Sorry for my english;) any help?

Thx

Max

Hi Max,

If you still have FSX and AS2012 active you might have to contact AS2012 and determine a solution. AS2012 seem to be saying in their manual, they have a solution. "Certain aircraft (such as PMDG 737NGX) are sensitive to turbulence and can exhibit autopilot s-turn issues with winds aloft. To prevent s-turns, reducing certain turbulence effects are required. Please see the included README.rtf (located in your AS2012 installation folder) for specific recommendations." Maybe these are the settings you tried? I know that the FSUIPC wind calming still allows gusts and wind changes etc, but in a more orderly fashion.

You might want to also contact Pete Dowson at FSUIPC, he is currently away until Feb 18. I looked on his website and he has many references to AS2012(do an advanced search of his forum with AS2012) His website is..http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Thank you! I have read so many threads about this! Fsuipc weather settings off and as dwc mode and those tweaks in fsx.cfg and fsuipc.ini! I will try some tests again! With ifly or md 11 pmdg have no problems! Last question. Makes it a difference starting as 2012 first or fsx?

Start FSX and then AS2012 when you are at the gate.

I have had no issues with NGX or MD-11 after AS2012 in latest beta/patch and all wx smoothing turned off in FSUIPC.

23.png

I do this with ase before as 2012! I am confused because the documentation says start as 2012 first, create a fl plan and start than start fsx! I think it makes no difference starting fsx first or as2012!