Sign in to follow this  
kalas1988

iFLY vs PMDG 737

Hello,

I see that PMDG 737 is listed as the "best of the best", I personally didn't try it, but I was watching a lot of youtube videos....

But on the other side, I have found Ifly 737, it looks that VC is on level of PMDG, also TERR (EGPWS), is really good on iFLY:

Cheers

If you're talking about FS9, the iFly is actually the better one. PMDG isn't bad, but it is dated.

Kalas1988 I presume you're referring to FS9 since I see you over at the AirSimmer forums.

If so then the iFly is a vastly superior simulation to the 'old' PMDG 737 ... as any search of this forum will attest.

The PMDG 737NGX for FSX IS a fine bird indeed and some suggest superior to the iFly although the latter includes the BBJ models and the ER versions so represents better value.

Hi,

They are both outstanding representations of the 737 series aircraft, you cannot go wrong with purchasing either one.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have both, the PMDG and iFly 737 and completely agree with Appliance... iFly is far superior. PMDG was the best of the best when it was released but that was many moons ago. You can't go wrong with either, but if you want the one with the best features, then iFly 737 is the King. The Queen. The King. Err... you get the idea... :smile:

Regards,

Jure

P.S.: completely OOT: I missed my 1000th post as it seems!? Now when did this happen? :unsure:

hi,

well it's not about fs9 or fsx, I was just curious. I see that "PMDG" has it's "hall of fame" since it's really really good.

I more like a aribus guy, so waiting FS labs to release their airbus out.

bye

I have both, the PMDG and iFly 737 and completely agree with Appliance... iFly is far superior. PMDG was the best of the best when it was released but that was many moons ago. You can't go wrong with either, but if you want the one with the best features, then iFly 737 is the King. The Queen. The King. Err... you get the idea... :smile:

Regards,

Jure

P.S.: completely OOT: I missed my 1000th post as it seems!? Now when did this happen? :unsure:

lol... 8 posts away I'm sure...

Ifly is better, since it appears there will be no 737 for fs9, but PMDG is the best, ask Jure if you're not sure, he was witnessing the early age of the NG :). PMDG has 7 year first move advantage. All learn from them, sure, including iFly

Thanks for all replys! Well like a said, I am more like a Airbus guy.

I really like boeing 767 , by it's beatiful nose curve. For now I 'll stick with freewares, and wait for FS labs.

I really like ifly 747 with SP3 is great, but I see that there's no much interest for it.

But checking youtube videos, I am getting more and more "warmed up" for Ifly 737.

Jure lep pozdrav,

cheers

hi,

well it's not about fs9 or fsx, I was just curious. I see that "PMDG" has it's "hall of fame" since it's really really good.

I more like a aribus guy, so waiting FS labs to release their airbus out.

bye

It absolutely has to be about FS9 or FSX for clarity's sake... :blink:

FSX has the newer NGX (newer than the iFly model) and iFly offers their current version for both platforms. The current NGX isn't offered for FS9 and is considered 'the best of the best' for FSX just like their older incarnation was judged the same for FS9 8 years ago.

When you come into the FS9 forum asking a question like this understand the only options for FS9 today are the 9 year old PMDG model and the 2 year old iFly model. Of course the 2 year old iFly model is better than the 9 year old PMDG model.

Please let us know what PMDG 737 are you talking about so we can better answer the question or send you to the FSX forum. There's no comparison between the two options in the FS9 world. iFly is newer and much more advanced especially with FS2Crew plain and simple.

Again please clear up what PMDG 737 are you talking about... Straight%20Face.gif

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hej please, I don't want to argue or something.

I was just curious , as I have written twice, I am airbus fan. So I wouldn't buy PMDG, or the iFLy, just wanted to know what do boeing 737 pilots like.

And I really like iFly it looks super real! Since I see you recommend it, I 'll proboably afford myself one for birthday.

Sorry I meant for both fs9 & fsx

Okay. If you're using FSX, you'll want the PMDG 737 NGX - a completely different, much newer, nicer product than their 737NG for FS9.

If you're using FS9, you'll probably want the iFly. The iFly is available for both FSX and FS9.

Again, the PMDG 737NGX is nicer, but it's only for FSX.

Does iFLy ifeature fuel temp low, like In the PMDG MD-11 :)

md 11 by pmdg, is an amazing product!

Does iFLy ifeature fuel temp low, like In the PMDG MD-11 :)

md 11 by pmdg, is an amazing product!

I'm sorry but I have to ask, of all things your looking for comparisons for a fuel temp gauge??? :blink: :wacko:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2