Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

OCP4NGX with all PMDG 737NGX Variables and Events enabled in SIOC

Have you started interfacing your overhead? Nice work BTW

Hi,

Yes it is finished, I am testing it now.

rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I see, but this is also where we differ then basically.

I have a triple monitor setup (eyefintiy 5960x 1080) for outside display already and a secondary display to my main computer for fligthplan and some other secondary stuff.

Next is a computer to run a display for captain and f/o pfd/nd and it needs probably another card for upper and lower eicas.

I am getting nowhere the framerates you are showing (mind you i am still using vc). with ngx best framerate at eham (aerosoft scenery) is around 20-22 fps and with prosim 60 +. Of course this makes sense. Prosim has no cockpit to display so that is a bad comparison.

I have completed the build of my mip (simworld) and base (home made mdf structure) so i am about to attach everything toghether and interface throught pokeys cards to prosim

I see, but this is also where we differ then basically.

I have a triple monitor setup (eyefintiy 5960x 1080) for outside display already and a secondary display to my main computer for fligthplan and some other secondary stuff.

Next is a computer to run a display for captain and f/o pfd/nd and it needs probably another card for upper and lower eicas.

I am getting nowhere the framerates you are showing (mind you i am still using vc). with ngx best framerate at eham (aerosoft scenery) is around 20-22 fps and with prosim 60 +. Of course this makes sense. Prosim has no cockpit to display so that is a bad comparison.

I have completed the build of my mip (simworld) and base (home made mdf structure) so i am about to attach everything toghether and interface throught pokeys cards to prosim

Course you would get better fps without the VC. The VC is the framerate killer. Once you start migrating from VCs, compatibility trumps eye candy as FPS no longer should be an issue. 

Hi everybody,

I have also a strange problem with my FMC v3 used with PMDG NGX.

Everything was working fine until yesterday. When I launch OCP4B7X7 (latest version), it launch automatically SIOC and the problems begins.

On the SIOC log after the usual text I have now a repetitive entry : IOCP client#0 connected which is written again and again on the Log.

In the NGX all the buttons and switches are all switched or pressed randomly. That stops when OC4P4NGX is ended by windows.
I have tested the FMC v3 and the SIOC on another computer and it works without problem.
If anybody have an idea it will be welcome.

Chris

Can this be run over network? I have Sioc on another PC, fsx on separate one. It's how I had it set up for the 767. Can I do the same now?

Can this be run over network? I have Sioc on another PC, fsx on separate one. It's how I had it set up for the 767. Can I do the same now?

Hi,

I will implement it in the next release of OC4BA. When that will be, I can't  say. I am at the moment busy trying to complete my homecockpit with PMDG NGX as the aircraft software.

The homecockpit has now the following parts:

OVH

MCP V3

EFIS

MIP

CDU v3

COM

NAV

ADF

ATC

+ other Pedestal units

All parts from OpenCockpits

rgs

Roar

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Hi Orphee,
For the repeating button try to add this to the SIOC.ini:

if &KeyPressed = PressedKey
{
&CDUKey = valueForPressedKey
&CDUKey = 0
}

In your code it should be something like this:
Var 1998, name CDU, Link USB_KEYS, Device 6
{
IF &CDU = 18 // MENU
{
&k = 2156
&k = 0
}
IF &CDU = 7 // INIT REF
{
&k = 2144
&k = 0
}
IF &CDU = 8 // RTE
{
&k = 2173
&k = 0
}
and so on...

Regards - Seb.

Hi Seb!

I just see your answer sorry! I test it but it don't work :-/

Thanks

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

Hi Seb!

I just see your answer sorry! I test it but it don't work :-/

Thanks

Users with OC4BA v2/v3 will get support via www.flightsim4fun.com/Forum

Send in your issues and you will get help

What structure are you using guys to hold up your overheads?

Vernon Howells

Thanks for your answer but the first version of OCP4NGX is unsupported. 

For the double entry, i have a solution, reload the sioc (x2), and check the hardware by pressing some key in sioc monitor, after that i run OCP4NGX and it work without double entry!

Downloads for OC4BA v1
Free interface, but unsupported and with more lag and less functionality than OC4BA v2. Does not support latest B737 B737 SDK update from PMDG.

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

On 2/23/2013 at 11:06 PM, roarkr said:

Hi,

Which version is your p&p FMC?

My software is written for FMC V3.

Are you running version sioc42b2 from opencockpits?

If you have FMC V3 send me:

A copy of your sioc.ini file from the sioc folder

A jpg of your sioc start window after starting sioc

rgs

Roar

Hi Roar, 

i've just bought your software and i'm using it quite well with MCP and EFIS p&p Opencockpits..

I've also an old FMC (that one without green led on the EXE button)....

I'm not able to use it and i've not found any script....

Could you please help me?

thank you

best regards

Go to http://www.flightsim4fun.com/Forum/

and ask for support there and you will get help.