Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

YBCG Gold Coast Airport Released

Yeah the black winsocks has been confirmed by the author.

I think i'm going to remove the photo real scenery, and just stick with the airport for now. Anyone have any alternatives?

BTW, anyone get floating blue lights on the runway?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

hey all,

This is some awesome scenery, does anyone know of scenery for YBMC? just north of Brisbane?

Hi guys

Black windsock is strange because its just a stock FSX windsock placed with ADE. It's not mine. I will look into it.

With the folders. Just make a Gold Coast folder and put my extracted scenery and texture folders into that. (I forgot to zip up correctly).

Anyway enjoy and just remember there might be one or two small bugs but these are hopefully bearable if you just ignore them.

Max.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Was that older Bus a JQ Machine on finals off the Greav Arrival Omni Atlas. Noticed too, your SOP's are slightly Different to ours.

Also does any one know if the Palm Beach/Tugan area just to the north of the Field has been modeled for noise abatement purposes during Visual Approaches.

As it would be great to practice the visual prior to an upcoming Sim checks etc.

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

Great news on Sydney hey. Who saw that one coming.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Ok then i've installed airport along with Photoreal with FTX active too. Photoreal blends ok, not brilliant, some roads, fields etc out of alignment but on the whole, as a package using these three add-ons it looks pretty darn good on my system. Good work by all. Love the Aussie stuff! : )

Once extracted, You should create a Gold Coast YBCG folder with the Scenery & Texture folders within, then add it too your Add-On folder. Start FSX and go to scenery library. Click add a scenery. Add it to the list. Place it in an appropiate position in your library. Then go fly. Thats what i do anyway. Seems to work ok.

thx for your reply still no luck when i open up fsx and click on the add on scenery tab the box comes up, i select the add on scenery fsx scenery and select ybcg and the 2 folders appear being scenery and textures show up when i click ok at the bottom of the box nothing happens so was wondering what supose to happen when you click ok?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter,

if you're using Win 7, then when you get as far as the 2 folders (scenery and texture) showing up, then you need to right click anywhere on the free space in the window, then the scenery dialogue should close and you should see your new scenery added at the top of the list.

Hope this helps

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Win 7, yes?

After clicking the OK button, click inside the pane with the 'scenery' and 'texture' folders in, anywhere in the white area.

Good old Microsoft bug...

Ooops, too late!

Edited by theteeboy

Peter,

if you're using Win 7, then when you get as far as the 2 folders (scenery and texture) showing up, then you need to right click anywhere on the free space in the window, then the scenery dialogue should close and you should see your new scenery added at the top of the list.

Hope this helps

Jack

Thx jack that solved it for me, silly me forgot all about that trick showed how much i last used it lol. Now to solve the crashing each time i load to the airport so i switched off the crash detect option which solved the crashing part of it but least evrything else seems ok.

Thx to theteeboy for his imput

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just spent a few hours at the airport taking photos and videos. Will up them when I get back.

Oh man, where were you when I was making the scenery! I needed photos!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)