Sign in to follow this  
Foreman

Saitek Trim Wheel and PMDG737NGX

Hello everybody,

since yesterday I'm the owner of a Pro Flight Saitek Trim Wheel. With the default aircrafts in FSX the wheel worked very fine. Unfortunately I'm unable to use it with the PMDG737NGX. Maybe I have to use FSUIPC, but I've no idea how to change the parameters. Any help available here?

Thx a lot

Foreman

Hi Foreman,

Most users here would have the yoke and pedals, though some of the cockpit guys would possibly use the wheel.

I did a quick look up on Google and found a review of your wheel...http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?205-Review-Saitek-Pro-Flight-Cessna-Trim-Wheel......They made reference there that it was not plug and play, meaning a bit of stuffing around maybe needed to mapping/calibrate it.

A quick look at my FSUIPC manual shows much information on the subject of mapping. Do you have a registered copy of the program? Pete Dowson(FSUIPC) recommends users try and use the FSX config where possible, and then his if you want to be more "adventuresome". I have attached a quick picture of the assignment showing the elevator trim. If you get no replies maybe you can log into Peter site and ask him. Very helpful guy.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Actually nobody using the PMDG737NGX with a SAITEK Trim Wheel?

Are you referring to the Saitek Pitch Trim Wheel located next to the flap handle and auto-throttle select switch that is built into the Multi Panel or the larger, stand alone Cessna Trim Wheel marketed by Saitek? I have both and I believe the Pitch Trim ones does work with the PMDG NGX but not the Cessna version.

From what I see written in the forums, the paid version of FSUIPC will do anything and everything, including washing and drying the dishes so that may be your path if you have the Cessna. If I remember correctly, you will be the first to get it working with the NGX.

And then there is the LINDA camp that seems very capable of doing the near impossible with some of this incompatible gear.

The Saitek USA crew was totally disbanded last year, but last I heard, there was a small support team still supporting the gear based in the UK. An email to that team might reveal some recent drivers.

Avsim review here http://www.avsim.com...tek/Saitek.html

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thx a lot for your help. I have the big stand alone Cesssna Trim Wheel. And I have a registered version of FSUIPC. I tried already a little bit with FSUIPC and I get the trim whell running in the PMDG737NGX. Unfortunately not steady. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. May be I will ask in the other forum for further help. Nevertheless, thank you guys.

Foreman

There is a tweak out there for it. I'll try to find and post it, unless someone get to it first. I have the Trim Wheel too by the way. Despite the tweak, I haven't had time to try it, but others said it worked very well.

Well, I guess this amounted to "There's a Tweak Somewhere:, sorry about that.

Found it: http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/archives/6125\

There you go.

Dave

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There is a tweak out there for it. I'll try to find and post it, unless someone get to it first. I have the Trim Wheel too by the way. Despite the tweak, I haven't had time to try it, but others said it worked very well.

Well, I guess this amounted to "There's a Tweak Somewhere:, sorry about that.

Found it: http://janvaane.org/.../archives/6125\

There you go.

Dave

Sorry Dave, that tweak is for the small Pitch Trim wheel built into the Multi-Switch and not the larger stand alone Cessna Trim Wheel that the OP is asking about.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .