Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

GSX follow me quick question

The free one I use is called Follow me 2 from Disposition software

I can't seem to find a download link to this software anywhere, does anyone know it?

I can't get Follow Me 2 to work at all... Seems to only work with default ATC too, so that's no use. Think it's time to print a few airport maps. I don't visit that many different ones so...

If you got some money to spend than the aivlasoft efb will help you since it shows all the airport rwy layouts on where your parked to the active rwy, also it gives all the sid and star approaches and lots of other useful informations as well.

Or you can use the cheat option lol by going to the map view on the menu tab on top

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I can't get Follow Me 2 to work at all... Seems to only work with default ATC too, so that's no use. Think it's time to print a few airport maps. I don't visit that many different ones so...

if you bring the Follow Me 2 menu up you can direct it to go to a specific runway or gate.

If you don't know where the runway is, maybe you shouldn't be flying.

Don't be like that Jim, everyone has flight-sim fun in their own way?

My problem with GSX follow me, is I can't request it until after landing, so sit on the runway like a turkey - looking everywhere - it can take a while to get to me, and I never know where the darn thing will appear from, removes the realism from it, or am I doing something wrong?

Eugene

• Upvote 1

Don't be like that Jim, everyone has flight-sim fun in their own way?

My problem with GSX follow me, is I can't request it until after landing, so sit on the runway like a turkey - looking everywhere - it can take a while to get to me, and I never know where the darn thing will appear from, removes the realism from it, or am I doing something wrong?

Eugene

Thats how it suppose to work you dont request the follow me car whilst still flying, and only after you turn off the rwy and turn on the taxi way you hold and request the follow me car, and depending on where the airport parking is will determine the direction and how long it will take to get to you. In the mean time whilst you waiting you can do some after landing checks etc

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thats how it suppose to work you dont request the follow me car whilst still flying, and only after you turn off the rwy and turn on the taxi way you hold and request the follow me car, and depending on where the airport parking is will determine the direction and how long it will take to get to you. In the mean time whilst you waiting you can do some after landing checks etc

Thanks Pete,

But that's the unrealistic bit for me, in real life the vehicles are informed by ATC of the landing traffic, so they will be ready more or less as the aircraft vacates, or at least pretty close to it's exit, an aircraft holding on an exit taxiway isn't great news for a tower controller?

Eugene

Thanks Pete,

But that's the unrealistic bit for me, in real life the vehicles are informed by ATC of the landing traffic, so they will be ready more or less as the aircraft vacates, or at least pretty close to it's exit, an aircraft holding on an exit taxiway isn't great news for a tower controller?

Eugene

maybe the dev from gsx can implement it but dont know how hard it is to do or if it able to be done is the question. I use gsx for it other uses other than just the follow me car is just an extra bonus

Peter kelberg

maybe the dev from gsx can implement it but dont know how hard it is to do or if it able to be done is the question. I use gsx for it other uses other than just the follow me car is just an extra bonus

Agree, the rest of GSX is well worth paying for, but all they'd need is an "instant" follow me on the menu you select after landing.

I still find it odd that in their striving for realism this relatively unrealistic behavior doesn't seem to draw comment on their site.

Good prog though.

Eugene

maybe the dev from gsx can implement it but dont know how hard it is to do or if it able to be done is the question.

Must be easier to get done then letting the follow me car depart from where you should be parking, as it is now... I don't understand that at all. Why the heck do you have to wait for the follow me car to get from your final parking spot to the runway? There is no need at all for it to drive all that way. Having the car standy near the runway is easier to program and easier for the user. ^_^ If they can program that car to start driving from the desired parking spot, they can also program that car to stand still near your runway.

if you bring the Follow Me 2 menu up you can direct it to go to a specific runway or gate.

I don't even get that menu in FSX... Got it working. The car is instantly there to the runway and to the gates. Like it.

I don't get this obsession over the follow me car. Most major airports don't use them at all and it is the pilots responsibility to use charts and signs.

Nick Running

I don't get this obsession over the follow me car. Most major airports don't use them at all and it is the pilots responsibility to use charts and signs.

I know what you mean, makes me smile at pretty simple airports like Malaga (talking RW now) provide follow me cars, when it really is a straightforward taxi to the ramp, whereas complicated airports like Heathrow and New York don't use them at all.

That said I don't find taxing to specific stands in FSX that easy as I'm single crew, so basically the follow me is providing the first officer looking at the chart function. Yes, I can stop and figure it out, but that's not realistic either.

Most major airports don't use them at all and it is the pilots responsibility to use charts and signs

You're absolutely right here, but especially on the larger default FSX airports it can be really hard to find the right gate, since there's no markings etc. on the ground helping you to orientate, where your gate really is located, so the follow me car can be helpful here. Besides, in real life I guess controllers would be able to help pilots out if the get completely lost somehow, which FSX ground control can't do. Also, as Overload said, for most of us simmers it's a "one man show", so any help we can get from "outside the cockpit" is highly appreciated.

You're absolutely right here, but especially on the larger default FSX airports it can be really hard to find the right gate, since there's no markings etc. on the ground helping you to orientate, where your gate really is located, so the follow me car can be helpful here. Besides, in real life I guess controllers would be able to help pilots out if the get completely lost somehow, which FSX ground control can't do. Also, as Overload said, for most of us simmers it's a "one man show", so any help we can get from "outside the cockpit" is highly appreciated.

I certainly understand that extra help is appreciated. Especially with default airports. My contention is that GSX does provide a follow me to the gate. The complaints were:

1. that it doesn't give you a follow me to the runway, which is super unrealistic and basically never happens. Finding a runway is not nearly as difficult as looking for a gate and one quick glance at the chart should be about all you need. (plus FSX has progressive taxi if you are having that hard of a time.)

2. That waiting for the follow me car is unrealistic. (this is what i was responding to initially, in my opinion calling for the follow me is unrealistic so i just find it kind of pointless to complain that its not realistic to wait for the car when in reality the car doesn't exist anyway.)

Nick Running