Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Help me adjust viewpoint in virtual cockpit

I want to change the default values for the viewpoint line in the aircraft.cfg file of an airplane. The view is too close to the panel. I want to move it back a little bit. What number do I adjust? In the VC I press CTRL + Enter 4 times and that's about perfect. How does that translate into changing the numerical value? Thanks

i just use the - key (minus) and put it at 30%. but i do not know how to make it stay that way permanently which I believe is what you are asking for. ... but it has something to do with one of the Camera Definitions i think.

Im not on my FSX PC, but DirtyBird is correct, it is done on the CameraDefinition section.

First make a backup copy, then

Look for the initialzoom parameter under each [cameradefinition.n] you want to change.

For example InitialZoom = 1.0 and change the value to your needs. (0.85, 0.75 etc.)

There are a bunch of other params you can play with, like InitialXys and InitialPbh

Have a look here:Aircraft Configuration Files and here Camera Configuration

If you need further help, just call.

Cheers.

EzDok is also an easy way just to set custom VC and externat views and assign them to buttons or keys. Even if you dont use the effects, the custom views are well worth the nominal price of the program.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

[Views]

eyepoint=48.0,-5.0,6.6 //first number is horz.(larger moves your eyepoint to the rear)...2nd number is lateral...3rd number is vertical..

The above numbers are just an example

Be careful about changing the eyepoint value - it affects more than the VC view. See also this topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/395988-set-initial-position-in-virtual-cockpit/

I also read somewhere a long time ago that that the initial zoom position is taken from the saved Default Flight i.e. set up your a/c with the zoom the way you want it, and save the flight. Thereafter any flight you start (not just the default one) will have that zoom value. I'm not close to FS at the moment, so I can't confirm it, but easy enough to test.

As for setting up camera views from outside of FSX, OpusFSX is by far the best/easiest product to use IMO. Plus it does a whole load more besides.

Been working for me since 2006....Don,t hardly ever use zoom....Changing vc,s from ac to ac has always required changing the eyepoint in the .cfg for me...To each his own..

Been working for me since 2006....Don,t hardly ever use zoom....Changing vc,s from ac to ac has always required changing the eyepoint in the .cfg for me...To each his own..

Agreed - whatever works for you ! I think that method works fine provided you don't use any other views (typically specific panel views, especially any on the side walls) that are based on the same viewpoint in the VC. Shouldn't be a problem for normal flying or if you just use the hatswitch to pan around.