Sign in to follow this  
Sizel

Oldest Aircraft in FSX

Hi Guy's

I've been watching some DVD's on Aviation recently that started off with the early years of flight. The Wright Brothers first flights & then about other numerous flyers that went on to set records.

It got me thinking, what is the oldest aircraft (payware or freeware) that we can fly in FSX? It would be cool to emulate some of these record attempts from those very early years in Aviation using a well modelled version of the plane they flew. Thanks for any pointers : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

Id guess the Wright Flyer I'm sure somone ported it over from fsx2004

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

There's a Bleriot downloadable from somewhere, I think. I used to have it.

H

Id guess the Wright Flyer I'm sure somone ported it over from fsx2004

If you have FS9, it's actually wuite simple to get it working: If I remember correctly, it's just necessary to creat a new "Aircraft" folder in the main FSX path, and put the SimObjectPath.X=Aircraft line in the [MAIN] section of the FSX.cfg. Then just copy/paste the Wright Flyer from the FS9 Path into the FSX Aricraft folder, adn you're good to go. I don't remember that any "gauge transfer" was necessary for that one to work.

Hmmm, there does not seem to be much available in the way of vintage aircraft from the very early years of flight.

How about anything from 1910 - 1930 then? You know, the sort of aircraft that make the Piper Cub look advanced : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

Hmmm, there does not seem to be much available in the way of vintage aircraft from the very early years of flight.

How about anything from 1910 - 1930 then? You know, the sort of aircraft that make the Piper Cub look advanced : )

I just happened to see this on SimMarket: http://secure.simmarket.com/flysimware-1918-thomas-morse-scout-x-fsx.phtml

I have no idea what kind of quality it is, so you might want to do research on it... but it's on sale!

I just happened to see this on SimMarket: http://secure.simmar...out-x-fsx.phtml

I have no idea what kind of quality it is, so you might want to do research on it... but it's on sale!

Thanks for that. i just popped over there myself earlier and saw that it was on sale. It would be good to hear of anyone who's used this aircraft. Looks abit cheap from the pics. Not as nice as those lovely Alabeo aircraft that are similar in price. But this must be one of the earliest aircraft out there & did it set any records?

Cheers.

Kind Regards

Simon.

I thought this thread was about the "oldest addon" as in are there any FS98 portovers still alive in FSX? :)

A2A has an Albatross D.III from 1916 in their Aircraft Factory line of products. This doesn't have the Accu-Sim treatment but looks to be well done. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has this aircraft.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=52

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Amazingly, it's probably not the Wright flyer, because there have previously been models of things like the Cayley Glider, and da Vinci's glider, so it'll almost certainly be whichever one of those has been ported-to or still-works-in FSX

Thanks for the links and info everyone. Some interesting stuff there.

I forgot about the A2A factory line. Might look at that one. Mixed with abit of Accu-Feel might be quite good? It certainly fits the bill as being very old : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

A2A has an Albatross D.III from 1916 in their Aircraft Factory line of products. This doesn't have the Accu-Sim treatment but looks to be well done. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has this aircraft.

http://www.a2asimula...&products_id=52

Hook

The Albatross D.III from A2A looks quite favorable to me. Seems to have good reviews and such a cheap price too. Seems like an update is due soon as well. Worth a look i'd say. Im interested.

Any owners out there?

Kind Regards

Simon.

Nice freeware of the Jenny to be found as well. A cool aircraft with an impressive resume. Try crossing the Rockies from Vancouver to Calgary as was done in 1919. Aviators had guts back then!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!