Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

What? Don't they know "X-Plane has no future" (quote John Veneema)? :LMAO:

Marco

i'm never buying 32bit ORBX scenery anymore, bye bye Johnny! :lol: it's time to fly over 64bit scenery :yahoo: :clapping:

I think PMDG is eventually going to give up on FSX and move over to XP10. FSX is too old and unstable, half the posts over at the FSX forums all over the net are about crashes and fps issues with i7 chips which is

Seinfeld, get it :lol: ). 32bit sims in 2013 are a waste of space on my hard drive, XP10 is the future :drinks:

XP10 is def the future. there needs to be alot of issues fixed but that can be done. its not broken like fsx. if you guys have time you should really listen to the interview i listed above. its really informative and i think it will really brighthen the mood for xplane users.

XP is a great platform - and I wish Austin and his team continued good fortune! If PMDG comes to the party, that's fine - honestly I applaud Ramzzess Aviation and Philipp and his team with the 787 Worldliner and 787 Dreamliner. If they could ramp the Dreamliner up to par with the Worldliner - wow that'd be really something.

Right now it's all 777 all the time and all X-Plane 64!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

XP is a great platform - and I wish Austin and his team continued good fortune! If PMDG comes to the party, that's fine - honestly I applaud Ramzzess Aviation and Philipp and his team with the 787 Worldliner and 787 Dreamliner. If they could ramp the Dreamliner up to par with the Worldliner - wow that'd be really something.

I didn't know that they also did the 787. It seems like a much more basic model both systems and graphics-wise compared to their 777.

There's also an up-and-coming 737 CL series I've been keeping my eye on. They seem to be taking a PMDG-style approach with this aircraft based on the videos I've seen of the electrical and hydraulics systems as well as snippets from their blog. This will be an interesting aircraft as I don't believe anything similar has been done before to this level of detail in either FSX or XP. They'll most likely need to extend the code base now to support 64-bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t-mv905Gh7I

FSX is too old and unstable, half the posts over at the FSX forums all over the net are about crashes and fps issues with i7 chips which is ridicurous(Seinfeld, get it ).

And the other half is enjoying video & scenery such as this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366849-rio-de-janeiro-unbelievable-speechless/page__st__50

IMO--- stay away from 32 bit all you want, but you're still going to be rather limited for quite a while. I prefer the options of trying all different types of areas & aircraft. Something such as New Zealand for X-Plane, as well as this Rio De Janeiro for FSX. There are places all over the world, that I now want to visit by flight simulation. Most of my real life flying is done, and will have to be replaced with a sim world. I want these places to be visual creations of the actual areas, or at least authentic topography for less visited places across the earth. So............when I read all of this 64 bit only, and 32 bit is a waste of time for any developer....................I must question.........Oh really? Do I want so many options to just to completely disappear, with hopes that I'll see them a few years? Of course not! That's why I have no problem with keeping numerous sims on the HD. At least for the next few years.

L.Adamson

And the other half is enjoying video & scenery such as this:

http://forum.avsim.n...ss/page__st__50

IMO--- stay away from 32 bit all you want, but you're still going to be rather limited for quite a while. I prefer the options of trying all different types of areas & aircraft. Something such as New Zealand for X-Plane, as well as this Rio De Janeiro for FSX. There are places all over the world, that I now want to visit by flight simulation. Most of my real life flying is done, and will have to be replaced with a sim world. I want these places to be visual creations of the actual areas, or at least authentic topography for less visited places across the earth. So............when I read all of this 64 bit only, and 32 bit is a waste of time for any developer....................I must question.........Oh really? Do I want so many options to just to completely disappear, with hopes that I'll see them a few years? Of course not! That's why I have no problem with keeping numerous sims on the HD. At least for the next few years.

L.Adamson

Yes, you make valid points. FSX scenery is much more refined from a world-wide perspective and the add-on stuff in FSX from major companies such as FSDreamteam, Flightbeam Studios, and Orbx, just to name a few, make sightseeing from the air closer to real life in many cases than some of the scenery in X-Plane.

On the other hand, many pilots want to just fire up the airplane, file a flight plan, get clearance, and fly the route, with all airplane systems functioning as expected, and decent frames rate without having to spend a lifetime in an incessant (and usually futile) search for 'decent' frame rates. Spending thousands on my own hand-built Flight Sim PC, overclocking to 4.7ghz, and having a dual-processor GPU didn't get it in FSX, and finally I got fed up and moseyed over to Laminar's X-Plane 10 64-bit.

For the record, 64-bits means no more MEMORY worries - it does NOT mean you can pile everything under the sun onto your flight deck and expect 50 fps. There is another little concern that being the CPU itself. If it gets overloaded, things will bog down, regardless. So while 64-bits offers much, there is simply no substitute for the other shoe in the equation - a GOODLY number of processor cores! 6 is good, 12 is better, and we're not talking about faux cores (via Hyperthreading), we are speaking of the total number of processor channels on the CPU and a motherboard chipset that is equal to the task. The good news? X-Plane will handle all the cores and all the memory you can throw at it, and USE IT ALL. That's something that FSX cannot do. Go over 4 cores, you're spinning your wheels. Go over 4GB Ram? Same deal.

Presently, Intel offers 6 cores maximum, though rumours are circulating about more coming... I would say 8 or 12 and then you'd really have a killer flight deck. Of course, there is a corollary to Moore's law: The COST of your Flight Sim platform will quadruple every 2 months...

Laminar makes networking easy with X-Plane, and you can divvy up the duties between as many PCs as you'd like on your system, though I have no idea what the hit might be in a networked scenario (if any?)...

But if you desire to see the Pyramids across the Nile...you doubtless won't want to erase your FSX setup quite yet.

I myself find I am flying only XP. I look at my FSX videos, and the herky-jerky frames on approach? I can't dig that. I watch the cars merging onto the freeways at night in X-Plane white lights coming towards you, red lights going away - the realistic overpasses, bridges, and yes (drumroll) moving trains...

I can't look away (apologies to Seinfeld)...

My heart belongs to X-Plane. Ramzzess Aviation has a winner in the 777 - and if they're working on a to-die-for 737, my life would be complete. I own their dreamliner as well and the CRJ-200. All my time is spent flying cold-and-dark in the 777.

Wish list for X-Plane 10 64-bits

1. 64-bit FSInn <-- this is #1 on my hit parade. I love flying with ATC. I won't sacrifice 64-bits to use X-Squawkbox which is 32-bits only right now.

2. 64-bit XSquawkbox (but FSInn is my dream)

3. AivlaSoft Electronic Flight Bag ver 3.0 64-bits now compatible with X-Plane 10 RC1 (planned no release date)

4. VRinsight announces 64-bit compatibility with X-Plane 10 for all add-on hardware by their company.

5. Ramzzess Aviation announces onboard EFB panels in 777 can be displayed via WiFi Networking on iPad or any other networked device (presently this is available only for their very fine FMC)

6. Orbx and FSDreamteam announce a joint partnership- Orbx releases Global Scenery Upgrades worldwide with FSDreamteam announcing all their payware airports in FSX are available to purchase for X-Plane 10 (and compatible with 64-bits).

please add your own wishes to the above list... if we dream out loud - who knows what developer lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW DO!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

OMG that looks nice, and I just spent a bunch of change on FSX scenery ... but this 777 for XP10 I MUST have.

Thanks for sharing!

One thing I like about X-Plane is the fact that I don't have to deal with that annoying bug that I get in FSX where all my control axes suddenly disappear. Started getting that shortly after migrating to Windows 8, X-Plane runs beautifully on Windows 8.

This updated and revamped 777 has definitely reignited my interest in X-Plane again.

1. 64-bit FSInn <-- this is #1 on my hit parade. I love flying with ATC. I won't sacrifice 64-bits to use X-Squawkbox which is 32-bits only right now.

+1.

There was a freeware 787 in the works that was supposed to be pretty high end, but as is what happens when someone gets in over their head, their harddrive mysteriously crashed. Okay, maybe it did really crash on the guy, but my cynical side seems to detect a similar pattern when people start off on some ambitious project singlehandedly, then have their "Oh f***, what was I thinking?" epiphany.

EDIT-- Sorry, I think in this case, it was the #2 convenient problem of the sudden laptop theft.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Well, I too hope that XP10 turns into an even better sim,

On a recent email exchanged with Austin, where I listed my wishes for fixes, he promptly replied negatively to most of it, less one which is being worked right now and should make it's way back rather soon - the missing rw lighting systems at various airports since around 10.12...

While I was somehow disappointed with the fact that Austin didn't find my wishes any way prioritary he also pointed out that they were working in some things I might not even guess :-) (or something in that way...).

I believe the next months, specially after 10.30 (a feeling I always had about the 10 version) will certainly bring even more good news.

I may well keep using the aileron trim instead of rudder, not seeing the exact Moon phases or daylight at LPPT when it dusk, etc... but there are certainly many other reasons to like X-Plane10... I guess... :-)

And of course I am eagerly waiting for the LES Saab!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

OMG that looks nice, and I just spent a bunch of change on FSX scenery ... but this 777 for XP10 I MUST have.

Thanks for sharing!

Once you start flying the 777- I think you'll be pretty well hooked. I am about THIS close to erasing FSX completely from my system, if that's any kind of indication of my commitment.

Well, I too hope that XP10 turns into an even better sim,

On a recent email exchanged with Austin, where I listed my wishes for fixes, he promptly replied negatively to most of it, less one which is being worked right now and should make it's way back rather soon - the missing rw lighting systems at various airports since around 10.12...

While I was somehow disappointed with the fact that Austin didn't find my wishes any way prioritary he also pointed out that they were working in some things I might not even guess :-) (or something in that way...).

I believe the next months, specially after 10.30 (a feeling I always had about the 10 version) will certainly bring even more good news.

I may well keep using the aileron trim instead of rudder, not seeing the exact Moon phases or daylight at LPPT when it dusk, etc... but there are certainly many other reasons to like X-Plane10... I guess... :-)

And of course I am eagerly waiting for the LES Saab!!!!!!!

Austin is definitely a 'type A' personality. He knows where he's going, and he's darn well not accepting back seat drivers! On the other hand, given what he's done so far, I say more power to him! Sure, we all have things we wish for, but after listening to Robert Randazzo of PMDG on a web interview, developing an entire flight sim 'world' is a task on a scope comparable to writing 'Lord of the Rings'. It's a herculean task. So we humbly throw our suggestions and wishes out there - but given the size of their staff - Laminar is really pretty darned amazing. I look forward to whatever they bring us! I know it'll be exciting!

There was a freeware 787 in the works that was supposed to be pretty high end, but as is what happens when someone gets in over their head, their harddrive mysteriously crashed. Okay, maybe it did really crash on the guy, but my cynical side seems to detect a similar pattern when people start off on some ambitious project singlehandedly, then have their "Oh f***, what was I thinking?" epiphany.

EDIT-- Sorry, I think in this case, it was the #2 convenient problem of the sudden laptop theft.

I really couldn't begin to imagine how difficult it must be to render a 3-D airplane. The codebed, design, and getting everything to interact together - it's mind boggling. So it's no shock that a solo freeware guy found out the hard way that he (or she) may have bitten off more than a chewable piece of aerodynamic pie.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Yes, you make valid points. FSX scenery is much more refined from a world-wide perspective and the add-on stuff in FSX from major companies such as FSDreamteam, Flightbeam Studios, and Orbx, just to name a few, make sightseeing from the air closer to real life in many cases than some of the scenery in X-Plane.

On the other hand, many pilots want to just fire up the airplane, file a flight plan, get clearance, and fly the route, with all airplane systems functioning as expected, and decent frames rate without having to spend a lifetime in an incessant (and usually futile) search for 'decent' frame rates. Spending thousands on my own hand-built Flight Sim PC, overclocking to 4.7ghz, and having a dual-processor GPU didn't get it in FSX, and finally I got fed up and moseyed over to Laminar's X-Plane 10 64-bit.

Then it looks like the first paragraph is where my thought patterns are. I spent many years piloting aircraft with my wife & friends, criss-crossing the mountains & deserts of the US mountain west. More than anything, the expense was worth it for the "scenery". There are just too many excellent panaramic views for many miles in the distance, that you don't get from driving a car. Until there is a lot more 3rd party intervention with X-Plane, I do believe that a XP only ....sim life would become rather dull, rather quickly. It would never make sense to just banish FSX from the hard drive, while counting on a hopeful wish list for the future of X-Plane.

Of course, on the other hand, I haven't been a real life "filed flight plan" pilot for years. My routes always changed on a whim.............and I prefer high tech moving map GPS & synthetic vision over published VOR routes. As to systems, it was very important, as I'm the one that installed & tested them.

Note: as to the safety aspect of real life mountain flight & no flight plan...........I always carried a satellite tracker. It never missed a beat. Also used satellite weather for constant in-flight updates.

L.Adamson

Bringing the thread kicking and screaming back on topic, is there some kind of simplified flow in PDF form to get started with the 777? A written tutorial would also be cool showing all steps clearly with the necessary explanations.

Yeah, this happens a lot ... I few weeks ago I started a feasability process around doing ATC for FSX and XP. But before I really did any serious coding (did a few feasibility tests but nothing much) I started with a pre-liminary specification. Call me crazy but I like to plan my projects and I'm not the software engineer type that just starts coding and see where it takes me (been doing this too many years to approach a process that way).

Too make a long story short, I was about 40 pages into my pre-lim spec and I soon realized that ATC for FSX or XP was NOT going to be a 1-2 person job ... at a minimum I was already up to a team of 6-8 full time resources and at least 24-36 months of work. Even for just the approachs to a single airport there can be anywhere from 5-20 specific (based on traffic patterns and weather) code paths ... in the US alone there are 14000+ runways (including airfields) and about 5000+ paved ... so I'm on average 50,000 ATC code paths just for the US alone (assuming I ignore airfields). And then their is the audio system ... to cover this many code paths it would have to sound like your typical car nav system trying to speak street names ;)

But I was also at the point where the complexity of an "emulated" real ATC required at least a 2nd computer and the complexity started to suggest that the 2nd computer would need to be moderately powerful.

And finally, what caused me to stop my pre-lim specification was projected cost of the project vs. projected sales of the product. I was at $350-$400 and requiring 10,000 unit sales just to make a small profit. So sadly I stopped at pre-lim spec, but I also didn't waste a lot of time just jumping into coding.

Rob