Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

Addons like this 777 is making it harder and harder to fly FSX.

I totally agree :drinks: this new updated 64bit 777 and 64bit Xplane has completely put me off fsx/p3d. I reformatted my Hard Drive today and will not be re-installing fsx/p3d anymore. 2013 will the year XP10 grows into an ADULT :lol:

Caved in and got the full pack today (777+cargo).

Beautiful plane, might adjust the pilot's viewpoint a little further forward though in Planemaker.

Now to hit the manuals!

Do these do relatively short hops anywhere ?

Well in the states, I know American does MIA-LAX and Cathay does YVR-JFK....maybe not short in your terms maybe but they're short hops for me :lol:

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Nothing scheduled at this time, but it is not uncommon for Delta to reposition or sub a 772 between ATL and DTW.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I'm restricted by time, but I still love the 777. I'll usually pick routes off of Flight Aware that are normally serviced by 757's if I don't have time to go long-haul. Might not be realistic, but I figure there's no sense letting an overly strict adherence to realistic routing for the 777 prevent me from enjoying the aircraft.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Addons like this 777 is making it harder and harder to fly FSX.

I totally agree :drinks: this new updated 64bit 777 and 64bit Xplane has completely put me off fsx/p3d. I reformatted my Hard Drive today and will not be re-installing fsx/p3d anymore. 2013 will the year XP10 grows into an ADULT :lol:

I agree with both of you. I've just recently reinstalled fsx but it just isn't as good as I remember any more. Then I took a break from the mandatory tweaking and tried the latest 777 patch. It really was a world of difference.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Caved in and got the full pack today (777+cargo).

Beautiful plane, might adjust the pilot's viewpoint a little further forward though in Planemaker.

Now to hit the manuals!

The B744 PS1 sim had a very nice "jump to next waypoint" feature. I enjoyed heavy weight take offs and once at the first step altitude I started jumping. The sim calculated fuel burn updates and offered another jump. That is a very cool feature for long range jets.

I just did a flight from KMIA to KJFK using payware airports and the 64bit Boeing 777. It was super smooth the whole way. Even had some heavy thunderstorms and a 23 knot crosswind at landing. What a great experience. Never having to worry about OOMs. Flightsim heaven!

I just did a flight from KMIA to KJFK using payware airports and the 64bit Boeing 777. It was super smooth the whole way. Even had some heavy thunderstorms and a 23 knot crosswind at landing. What a great experience. Never having to worry about OOMs. Flightsim heaven!

:clapping: :drinks: I agree, maybe you should change your Avsim Name to: XPXman :lol: :P

:clapping: :drinks: I agree, maybe you should change your Avsim Name to: XPXman :lol: :P

mmmm....I might look into that!....seriously :Thinking:

When they first came out with 64bit X-Plane, I thought it might be the end of FSX, but now that aircraft like the Boeing 777 Worldliner and JRollins aircraft are working with 64bit, I may have to quit buying addons for FSX.

It is a big problem, because I know that PMDG will be releasing their 777 soon, but what is the use if it flies in the land of OOMs?

I'm afraid 64bit is spoiling me. It is what FSX can never be.

When they first came out with 64bit X-Plane, I thought it might be the end of FSX, but now that aircraft like the Boeing 777 Worldliner and JRollins aircraft are working with 64bit, I may have to quit buying addons for FSX.

It is a big problem, because I know that PMDG will be releasing their 777 soon, but what is the use if it flies in the land of OOMs?

same here, now that XP10 is 64bit and the 64bit Payware Planes are being released, I am not buying anymore fsx/p3d addons. Forget PMDG, I can't go back now to 32bit with the fear of a crash in mid-flight. The Aerosoft AirbusX was my last and final fsx/p3d addon. :good: I will wait for PMDG's XP10 64bit addon later this year.

I would add: there's no benefit investing on 32-bit stuff anymore. It's thing of the past in flight simulation architecture. If P3D goes 64-bit someday, current FSX/P3D freeware and payware addons that have program code (instrument panel gauges, modules) won't work, because most of them are 32-bit.

32-bit is game over. People should assimilate this.

I would add: there's no benefit investing on 32-bit stuff anymore. It's thing of the past in flight simulation architecture. If P3D goes 64-bit someday, current FSX/P3D freeware and payware addons that have program code (instrument panel gauges, modules) won't work, because most of them are 32-bit.

32-bit is game over. People should assimilate this.

I feel like crap thinking of the money I spent on 32bit stuff :( :angry: it's time to get into 64bit Debt :lol: :yahoo: