Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

Correction: "current FSX/P3D freeware and payware addons that have program code (instrument panel gauges, modules) won't work, because ALL of them are 32-bit".

Correction: "current FSX/P3D freeware and payware addons that have program code (instrument panel gauges, modules) won't work, because ALL of them are 32-bit".

if p3d does get 64bit support (I doubt it! :lol: ) there is no way that hundreds or thousands of addons will get an update patch to run in 64bit, maybe just a few.

Thats true. Every author must adjust/rewrite/recompile the source code to 64-bit of every gauge, every DLL... So many MSFS years have passed I bet many of the authors have already lost the source code. You know...HD crashes...virus... few people make backup...AVSIM knows well

if p3d does get 64bit support (I doubt it! :lol: ) there is no way that hundreds or thousands of addons will get an update patch to run in 64bit, maybe just a few.

Well....I'm sorry PMDG, but I won't be buying the 777 until it is made for 64bit X-Plane. Then again, I'm pretty satisfied with Ramzzee's version, I will just miss having the NGX in X-Plane 64bit.

I've been thinking all the time about PMDG's 777. Made the same decision - will NOT buy it unless it is made for X-Plane 64bit. Otherwise Roman and Phillip made a great job with 1.4 and that fully satisfies my T7 lust. I have NGX as well (great plane without a doubt), however do not remember when I've flown it last time. It is just almost impossible to go back to FSX from 64bit X-Plane experience.

Well....I'm sorry PMDG, but I won't be buying the 777 until it is made for 64bit X-Plane. Then again, I'm pretty satisfied with Ramzzee's version, I will just miss having the NGX in X-Plane 64bit.

I just can't understand how in 2013 there are so many 32bit developers creating addons for older sims. These dev studios must have Computers with more than 8gb of memory in them so why develop an addon that uses only 4gb which is unstable if you add more payware to the mix: plane, scenery, airport, weather, etc... 64bit has arrived and it's called XPlane10 :Party:

I re-balanced the night video footage I shot of the 777 with latest update to the plane. This plane has pulled me completely over to x-Plane. The updated video is being processed at YouTube 2/17/13 and will play in the box below once processing is complete. You can select HD 1080p for maximum video fidelity. Also, the other video earlier in this thread will be removed from YouTube in lieu of this one.

I agree with this. I think the Ramzzess VMAX 777 is competitive with PMDG. No, it's not 'quite' there, but it's more than just a passing resemblance to the quality we expect from the NGX in FSX. Now that the VMAX can run 64-bits with a sophisticated FMC (WAY better than the default XP10 FMC) - we can fly routes and ILS approaches and fixes, and all in 64-bit with no excessive tweaking or CTDS or other worries. Hats off to Philipp and his team - and their support on x-plane.org is first-rate as well.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Great video Robert, very nice! The 777 is definitely on my to buy list. ^_^

I just can't understand how in 2013 there are so many 32bit developers creating addons for older sims. These dev studios must have Computers with more than 8gb of memory in them so why develop an addon that uses only 4gb which is unstable if you add more payware to the mix: plane, scenery, airport, weather, etc... 64bit has arrived and it's called XPlane10 :Party:

It is called "insanity" and PMDG needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

When X-Plane went 64bit with addons like this 777 Worldliner and J.Rollins aircraft, FSX became dreadfully obsolete instantly.

It is a "no brainer"! Don't make more complex payware addons for an obsolete flight sim when they continue to push it to its knees.

X-Plane 10/64bit is here today and it is truly amazing! Nothing else comes close.

Ramzess' 777 bites at the heals of NGX complexity right now. It wouldn't take much work to bring it up to that level. I'm sure that as they continue to upgrade it, it will equal any PMDG product.

Well- it's up to each individual. Some people cannot let go of FSX for several reasons. The airports are already "there" in FSX world-wide - albeit the default airports are crude, and all seem to look the same other than size differences.

But those of us who have crossed over to the brave new world of 64-bits - it's impossible to 'go back'. I have a serious amount of VRinsight hardware that has not been ported (as yet) to xP10 64-bit -and if that doesn't happen, I just have to remind myself that overall, I simply enjoy flying more in XP.

The Ramzzess VMAX 777 is a large part of that enjoyment, it was the 'missing piece' of the jetliner puzzle (for me). It now means I can fly "as I'm used to" in X-Plane, using the FMC for my routing and I can (now) see the runway approach lines on the ND, which prior to the 64-bit VMAX update/enhancements I could NOT do at ALL in XPlane 10. What this means is much greater accuracy in flight, and I can certainly manually control my approach speeds as I near the inner marker.

Those who fly GA may be slower to migrate, because of the greater variety of scenery in FSX. That said, the roadways and cars/trains in XP10 blow FSX out of the water (my sole opinion YMMV) and compel me to obtain add-on airports for XP that cover my typical flying areas. There is a very good LAX payware for XP, among others like JFK and LaGuardia in New York.

Throw all of that together with a decent joystick/yoke/throttle set and rudder pedals, and you're off to the races.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

can you imagine in a few years when we get Xplane14 128bit :lol:

nice video Robert, you some kind of Vampire with the night flying videos :lol: Just%20Kidding.gif show Avsim some daytime videos of this 777 Beast :lol:

can you imagine in a few years when we get Xplane14 128bit :lol:

nice video Robert, you some kind of Vampire with the night flying videos :lol: Just%20Kidding.gif show Avsim some daytime videos of this 777 Beast :lol:

LOL the vampire comment! I do have a lot of late-night flight hours, as I fly x-Plane in real time, and I generally am home "at night"... otoh I have some footage already in the can from daytime ops and will begin editing it on Monday... watch this space!

I just noticed your "former" AVSIM ID "FlashlsisMayia" - nice to see you're still here! BTW- how do you get rid of the squealing tires sound in XP10?

Duh- I know, turn at slower speeds... it's a major annoyance to me though.

I'll take a 'hint' if you have one.

:ph34r:

Great video Robert, very nice! The 777 is definitely on my to buy list. ^_^

It is a very worthy addition to the jetliner pilot who flies x-Plane, especially since the Feb 15th 64-bit update/enhancement. Thank you for the kind comment on the video. I am having "issues" with YouTube 'darkening' up my videos after I submit them. It's a PITA, but I'm dealing with it...It has to do with the re-rendering that YouTube does. I don't think they use the same color curve that Sony Vegas 11 does.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

I have some footage already in the can

:ph34r:

that's disgusting Robert :lol: :LMAO: Just%20Kidding.gif the new 777 doesn't belong in the toilet :lol:

BTW- how do you get rid of the squealing tires sound in XP10?

Duh- I know, turn at slower speeds... it's a major annoyance to me though.

I'll take a 'hint' if you have one.

"This has been an x-plane problem, for years.

It applies to virtually all aircraft in x-plane. The reason is x-plane doesn't differentiate between lateral and axial friction of the tires and allows only one value, File a bug with Austin, which I btw also did like two years ago"........quoted by Philipp, one of the 777 devs

Actually there is a workaround. You copy a WAV file from the CR-200 folder into the X-Plane sounds folder after renaming it. I am testing it now. If it proves successful, I will post here.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg