Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

Looks really good! I've just downloaded my update and will hopefully take it on a short hop somewhere local. Haven't fired up this 777 in a while, or XPX for that matter so will also need to install the latest update for that.

Well- it's up to each individual. Some people cannot let go of FSX for several reasons. The airports are already "there" in FSX world-wide - albeit the default airports are crude, and all seem to look the same other than size differences

This is one of my main gripes with XP, I always have to search around for some scenery to download and install for airports that I wish to fly to/from. Now the other major thing for me will be the lack of a suitable client to connect to VATSIM as there are none available for the 64-bit version, xSquawkBox will only work in 32-bit. If I'm to make a full and permanent transition from FSX I'll need to have the ability to fly online on VATSIM.

You copy a WAV file from the CR-200 folder into the X-Plane sounds folder after renaming it.

I don't own the CRJ-200 so is it possible to download that file from somewhere? Would love to get rid of that weird tire screeching noise.

Actually there is a workaround. You copy a WAV file from the CR-200 folder into the X-Plane sounds folder after renaming it. I am testing it now. If it proves successful, I will post here.

it worked :drinks:

This is one of my main gripes with XP, I always have to search around for some scenery to download and install for airports that I wish to fly to/from. Now the other major thing for me will be the lack of a suitable client to connect to VATSIM as there are none available for the 64-bit version, xSquawkBox will only work in 32-bit. If I'm to make a full and permanent transition from FSX I'll need to have the ability to fly online on VATSIM.

Yeah, same here. I would love to fly X-Plane more but I can't without VATSIM. I hear xSquawkBox is working, or looking for help to create a 64-bit version. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

32-bit is game over. People should assimilate this

+100

Totally agree!!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

There will be a painful migration period as more developers are compelled to consider 64-bits. I am considering diving into the deep end of development - as I recently discovered LUA for X-Plane (available 64-bits for Windows). I dropped HEAVY hints to my pals in Korea at VRinsight in hopes they will build the interface between their fine hardware and XP10. The good news is LUA is cross-simulator not airplane specific. This means that the VRi stuff would work across all aircraft in XP, a true bonus for VRi support staff. Right now my MCP Combo II, CDU II and V737 OVHD are all collecting dust.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Thanks for making me want to spend more money. <_< Now I feel obligated to buy XP10 and this 777!

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

I think the more you look at XP10 and the 777 - the happier you'll be. I know it's working for me! :dance:

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

it worked

The sound tweak worked for me too! Thanks for sending me the file FlashMaiya :smile:

Now I just need to find some time to complete a full flight in this 777 which probably won't happen till the weekend. So far though it looks really nice! Still have to keep HDR turned off in 64-bit as I start to get artifacts across scenery which indicates to me that my GPU is slowly melting.

The sound tweak worked for me too! Thanks for sending me the file FlashMaiya :smile:

Now I just need to find some time to complete a full flight in this 777 which probably won't happen till the weekend. So far though it looks really nice! Still have to keep HDR turned off in 64-bit as I start to get artifacts across scenery which indicates to me that my GPU is slowly melting.

have fun with the beast(T7) :drinks:

It is called "insanity" and PMDG needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

When X-Plane went 64bit with addons like this 777 Worldliner and J.Rollins aircraft, FSX became dreadfully obsolete instantly.

It is a "no brainer"! Don't make more complex payware addons for an obsolete flight sim when they continue to push it to its knees.

X-Plane 10/64bit is here today and it is truly amazing! Nothing else comes close.

Ramzess' 777 bites at the heals of NGX complexity right now. It wouldn't take much work to bring it up to that level. I'm sure that as they continue to upgrade it, it will equal any PMDG product.

i think PMDG is def developing a 64 bit version for xplane. if you listend to the recent interview he had for frooglesim, they asked him what someone should do if they wanted to get into this industry and robert said that they should learn how to work with xplane.

here is where he said it. i already timed it for you guys

i think PMDG is def developing a 64 bit version for xplane. if you listend to the recent interview he had for frooglesim, they asked him what someone should do if they wanted to get into this industry and robert said that they should learn how to work with xplane.

WONDERFUL!!

I think PMDG is eventually going to give up on FSX and move over to XP10. FSX is too old and unstable, half the posts over at the FSX forums all over the net are about crashes and fps issues with i7 chips which is

Seinfeld, get it :lol: ). 32bit sims in 2013 are a waste of space on my hard drive, XP10 is the future :drinks:

What? Don't they know "X-Plane has no future" (quote John Veneema)? :LMAO:

Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]