Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Released Today Boeing 777 Worldliner 64bit version

I hope that it is indeed a Java 7 issue. I am now seriously consider getting X-plane 10 and this T777, and I will not folk out 120+ dough for a half baked product.

:O slideshow, must be something wrong in your system. I have never had an fps issue with xp10 on my GTX 670/680/690 or old AMD 6870. Super smooth on all systems.

I re-balanced the night video footage I shot of the 777 with latest update to the plane. This plane has pulled me completely over to x-Plane. The updated video is being processed at YouTube 2/17/13 and will play in the box below once processing is complete. You can select HD 1080p for maximum video fidelity. Also, the other video earlier in this thread will be removed from YouTube in lieu of this one.

I agree with this. I think the Ramzzess VMAX 777 is competitive with PMDG. No, it's not 'quite' there, but it's more than just a passing resemblance to the quality we expect from the NGX in FSX. Now that the VMAX can run 64-bits with a sophisticated FMC (WAY better than the default XP10 FMC) - we can fly routes and ILS approaches and fixes, and all in 64-bit with no excessive tweaking or CTDS or other worries. Hats off to Philipp and his team - and their support on x-plane.org is first-rate as well.

Pretty impsessed. In your video what addons are you using? Is that the KLAX airport scenery that comes with the 777 package when you purchase it? Reason I ask is because I don't remember it looking that nice when flying at night! I am also using XPX 10.20 RC1. The night lighting on your video looks so much nicer, its very bright? Did you do some post processing? I would love to know how you got it looking like that.

Also would like to know your computer specs, what resolution you run at and your XPX settings if you don't mind sharing that with us. Love your video! The plane looks to be the best looking commercial airplane I've seen for XPX. Hopefully it will be on the same level as the aerosoft airbus x extended and the PMDG 737 NGX. The cockpit was a bit dark, so it was hard to judge how the details look with some dome light shining down on the panels. Would love to see more videos of this beautiful 777!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The 777 runs as smoothly on my system as any other airliner in XP10.

You've probably already checked Robains, but maybe your VRAM has reached it's limits?

Check how much video memory your rendering options are using compared to what's available on your video card.

Try the Vram compression option, and/or reducing texture quality.

Pretty impsessed. In your video what addons are you using? Is that the KLAX airport scenery that comes with the 777 package when you purchase it? Reason I ask is because I don't remember it looking that nice when flying at night! I am also using XPX 10.20 RC1. The night lighting on your video looks so much nicer, its very bright? Did you do some post processing? I would love to know how you got it looking like that.

Also would like to know your computer specs, what resolution you run at and your XPX settings if you don't mind sharing that with us. Love your video! The plane looks to be the best looking commercial airplane I've seen for XPX. Hopefully it will be on the same level as the aerosoft airbus x extended and the PMDG 737 NGX. The cockpit was a bit dark, so it was hard to judge how the details look with some dome light shining down on the panels. Would love to see more videos of this beautiful 777!

Hello and thanks for your interest!

My PC specs appear in my signature bar below my avatar photo where it says "MY PC". Click on that and you'll see all my hardware including Video Card. Flash news! EVGA announces new impending GTX TITAN card, alledgedly triple the processing power of CURRENT Keppler chips. If that's true- that's a MUST OWN! Frame rates would be insane! Also, the card will be offered with 6 GB of VRAM on the Graphics card, so you can go 3x as much texture detail as presently on my GTX690 (2GB vRAM).

I run HDX, I will take a screen shot of my XPlane settings and post them on this thread tonight when I get home from work.

Yes, I spent a LOT of time in post production trying to 'brighten' the video output in Xplane night flight. It's a dual problem. XPlane is by nature pretty dark at night except in brightly lit big airports, and YouTube's video compression codec seems to make a marginally-darkish video clip EVEN MORE DARK, which I totally hate. OTOH, I fly a great deal at night (I only fly in real time and real weather).

The airport is Payware. I think I bought it at X-Plane.org store if my memory serves. I also own LaGuardia and JFK as payware, I have downloaded a group of california airports for free (again I think X-Plane.org) and I have downloaded some special scenery across the web as I began building my 64-bit platform.

I NO LONGER FLY FSX.

Watch for my post about realtime online ATC in 64-bits, available RIGHT NOW TODAY. Limited flight area coverage, operates 8am to 11pm Pacific Time 7 days a week. Sorry but Vatsim cannot say that... many many times NO ONE controlling on Vatsim at ALL. If I have to only fly in Southern California (or at least have either the departure or arrival be in Southern California, I'm happy to do it, to have high quality ATC in 64-bits, crystal clear no static or distortion. BONUS: You don't ever HEAR THE OTHER PILOTS on air, so you can talk directly to ATC and he/she will come back to you when able, instead of waiting to try to break in into really congested ATC traffic.

You will change radio channels A LOT, most of the major airports you talk to Clearance, Ground, Tower, Departure, Center and so on, plus you get your ATIS directly from X-Plane. The service isn't free (The bad news) it's from PilotEdge.net.

Works GREAT in 64bit with the triple 7.

Now if I can nudge URS to bust loose with 64-bit Electronic Flight Bag- my life will be stellar - and all in 64-bits! Urs, is "working" on X-Plane 64-bit EFB, but no definite release date.

Robert

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Thanks Robert. I'm really interested to know exactly which version of KLAX you're using. It looks pretty nice in that video. Also, I wish X-Plane by default would look that bright when flying at night. Looks more realistic to me. And a whole lot more livelier!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks Robert. I'm really interested to know exactly which version of KLAX you're using. It looks pretty nice in that video. Also, I wish X-Plane by default would look that bright when flying at night. Looks more realistic to me. And a whole lot more livelier!

it's the payware KLAX from the .org store :good:

You've probably already checked Robains, but maybe your VRAM has reached it's limits?

It's most likely related to the Java issue, all other aircraft are fine and I'm not hitting even 2GB in VRAM yet (I have a 680 4GB card ... soon to be Titan 6GB card). Sadly I've removed the 777 and got a refund. But just to be clear, it was my choice to not install Java 7. XP10 is working great ... I can only hope Java 7 requirement isn't going to be common in future 3rd party XP10 products.

After I purchased the 777, it does indeed indicate that JRE is required ... although I don't consider this a great way of finding out requirements, here is the blurb from the manual.pdf

Chart Tools - Prerequisites

To use the tools “pdf2png” and “png2map” you need the free Java Runtime Environment.

It is available for Windows, Mac OSX 10.7/10.8 and Linux from http://java.com If you use Mac OSX 10.6, it is already installed by default.

Most Linux distributions have it also packaged by default. By searching for "jre6" in your package manager you will get a compatible version.

I realize the XP10 folks are very "OSX/Linux" centric as are the 777 devs, but the sad reality of Apple hardware leaves a huge performance and update gap compared to the Windows side of available hardware ... and simulations NEED the most hardware you can afford to toss at them. The population of Linux users is tiny ... but I'm guessing this is why the expectation of Java (JRE) being available was not much of a consideration in the development of the 777. But so be it, again my choice to not conform.

Rob

it's the payware KLAX from the .org store :good:

Is that the same one that's included with the 777 package?

Robert, would you say this is on par with PMDG's 737 NGX in terms of graphics and details? There's not many videos of this new version besides yours that I can find on youtube for me to make a judgement before I purchase this. I'm so in love with PMDG's 737NGX simply because of the high level of detail, and would like to know if this is on par with or better than that?

yes

Robert, would you say this is on par with PMDG's 737 NGX in terms of graphics and details? There's not many videos of this new version besides yours that I can find on youtube for me to make a judgement before I purchase this. I'm so in love with PMDG's 737NGX simply because of the high level of detail, and would like to know if this is on par with or better than that?

very very close to PMDG standards, almost identical. 5-4-3-2-1.......I think I hear the PMDG users coming to bash my post :lol:

FIVEBYFIVE, I couldn't find KLAX in the .org store. I looked under USA North America Large Airports and don't see KLAX at all. Could you please point me in the right direction. Thanks. :)

FIVEBYFIVE, I couldn't find KLAX in the .org store. I looked under USA North America Large Airports and don't see KLAX at all. Could you please point me in the right direction. Thanks. :)

they removed it from the store so they can package together with the 777 purchase. Email the store and ask them if you can buy it alone, but if your planning on getting the awesome 777....it comes with it.

It's most likely related to the Java issue, all other aircraft are fine and I'm not hitting even 2GB in VRAM yet (I have a 680 4GB card ... soon to be Titan 6GB card). Sadly I've removed the 777 and got a refund. But just to be clear, it was my choice to not install Java 7. XP10 is working great ... I can only hope Java 7 requirement isn't going to be common in future 3rd party XP10 products.

After I purchased the 777, it does indeed indicate that JRE is required ... although I don't consider this a great way of finding out requirements, here is the blurb from the manual.pdf

I realize the XP10 folks are very "OSX/Linux" centric as are the 777 devs, but the sad reality of Apple hardware leaves a huge performance and update gap compared to the Windows side of available hardware ... and simulations NEED the most hardware you can afford to toss at them. The population of Linux users is tiny ... but I'm guessing this is why the expectation of Java (JRE) being available was not much of a consideration in the development of the 777. But so be it, again my choice to not conform.

Rob

Rob: Those tools your refer to in the PDF quote are to convert Adobe PDF airport diagrams to .map files to be displayed in the aircraft's EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) window. Honestly speaking, you're far better off to use a separate PC or handheld device (tablet or iPad) to display the airport diagrams - the faux EFB in the aircraft doesn't always render the maps sharply if you have to zoom in to read an ATIS frequency, for example.

If that's the ONLY reason why JAVA would be needed, I would STILL recommend you re-think the airplane... it's THAT good. If on the other hand you couldn't FLY IT AT ALL without Java - then that's a totally different deal.

Yes, the KLAX airport is 'included' with the 777. All by itself the KLAX airport is worthwhile- so it's totally bonus that you don't pay a penny more for it. GREAT airport.

I find that this plane is VERY similar in quality to the PMDG. About the only thing the PMDG has that this plane doesn't is 'animated' pilots that turn their heads and move about (slightly) during flight. It's a neat 'feature' for when you're filming videos, but by no means a do-or-die component. The FMC in the 777 alone is worthwhile for ANY X-Plane pilot... it's LIGHT YEARS better than what ships with X-Plane (the default FMC even in jetliners is lackluster and in my case, totally unusable). The 3-D cockpit in this plane is amazing. Very detailed and sharply rendered.

Yes, I am working on making a daytime video showing this plane off... the film is already loaded and developed... now it's edit time...

Stay tuned...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Robert, can't wait to see the video! As for the FMC on this 777, I heard you can use an iPad with it? Have you tried it, am curious to see how this functions and if it works well. Would love to use my iPad as an FMC.

I have the 787 dreamliner from heinz, how would you compare vmax's 777 to that?

Gee- I'm feeling the pressure to get the daytime video onto YouTube... be patient.. next day or so it will arrive!

Robert.

With regard to the question comparing to the Heinz 787 Dreamliner, the 777 is MUCH nicer and the FMC is WAY nicer in my humble opinion. I would love to see Philipp model the 787- I would think it would be amazing as well! The level of details on the 777 is just a jaw-dropper for me, and I'm coming off being 100% PMDG NGX boy in FSX. I no longer fly FSX ---- AT ALL ---- which should tell you quite a bit -- and the reason? The Ramzzess VMAX 777! And 64-bits.

Today I discovered a plug in to make my SAITEK radio panel work with XP 64. If that's true and if it will run the radios on the triple-7 - you can mark me down as VERY happy.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg