Sign in to follow this  
byork

Please help 'Spread the Word' about Emergency NGX!

Dear FS2Crew Captains,

If you like the software, please "help spread the word" about Emergency NGX!

Let your friends, VA members, flightsim forum members, etc., know about Emergency NGX.

Emergency NGX! is truly "niche of the niche" software, and in order keep making highly specialized niche software like this into the future that appeals to enthusiast simmers, FS2Crew needs all the support it can get from its loyal fan base!

Thank you!

Oh yeah, all of them are excited (and dared LOL) having a guy like me as PNF!!!!

And yes, package received!!!! BIG THANKS!!!

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

To be clear, I understand Emergency only works with the Australian voice set at the moment.

Is that permanent or something that will be addressed later? I'm particularly interested in UK voices of either gender.

ngxu_banner.png

Yes it's the Australian voice only for now.

Cheers Jan

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

'Failures' only work with the Australian voice set.

But you can still use the new FO voice sets (German, Italian, Korean female, American female, Spanish, French, Australian) on all your regular A to B flights.

The Australian accent is very good.

His accent is quite neutral, and most importantly, he's a real-world airline pilot, so his voice has that extra texture/quality that you can only get from having read the QRH 100 times before in a sim or wherever.

His accent, and an UK accent (loosely defined) are very similar.

Ummm so that means "no, there are no plans to put other voices into Emergency at any time in the future"?

I fully understand you're describing this a "niche within a niche" and what the implications of that are cost wise, but I would like to be certain before I purchase.

ngxu_banner.png

For each NGX failure that Emergency NGX simulates, the FO reads through the Boeing QRH supplied by PMDG verbatim. Its a pretty impressive amount of speech data that Emergency NGX delivers and you will quickly see why currently only one voice accent is used.

As Bryan has stated the Australian voice is a real world pilot and he knows how to project the flow of an emergency or non-normal checklist in a realistic manner. As a UK simmer myself I am more than happy to use the AU voice for all my NGX flight simming, both normal and non-normals.

Glen

Glen

For each NGX failure that Emergency NGX simulates, the FO reads through the Boeing QRH supplied by PMDG verbatim. Its a pretty impressive amount of speech data that Emergency NGX delivers and you will quickly see why currently only one voice accent is used.

As Bryan has stated the Australian voice is a real world pilot and he knows how to project the flow of an emergency or non-normal checklist in a realistic manner. As a UK simmer myself I am more than happy to use the AU voice for all my NGX flight simming, both normal and non-normals.

Glen

Spot on Glen....I echo those sentiments.....well said.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

It's unlikely I'll add more voice to the 'Failures' portion of Emergency NGX.

The reason being, as stated, you can't just have "anyone" read the QRH. It'll sound very amateurish. They have to be Pro's.

I actually originally had the US female voice try the QRH stuff, but she made a lot of mistakes and it didn't sound right. She's not an airline pilot, so you can't really fault her.

The Australian voice, however, is a real-world airline pilot, so when he reads the QRH, etc., it sounds natural and professional.

Also, his voice is so neutral sounding that it would almost be redundant to do an US or UK version because his voice blends so well.

Thanks for the clarification, all understood.

ngxu_banner.png

Bryan, if you could create a custom banner I would be proud to display it in my sig.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png