Sign in to follow this  
byork

9 MAY 2013: EMERGENCY NGX UPDATED TO VERSION 2.3E

FS2Crew NGX Captains,

9 May 2013:

Emergency NGX! has been updated to Version 2.3E.

The Update is built into the Main Installer.

There is no stand-alone update file.

You will need to login to your FS2Crew account and click "Completed Orders".

Re-download and Re-install the software.

You do not need to uninstall the previous version.

Version 2.3 Change Log:

• FIXED - If you had an engine failure, you could possibly re-trigger the Engine Failure Checklist during the Shutdown Checklist.
  • FIXED - Other minor bugs.

Version 2.2 Change Log:

• FIXED - Probe Heat Failures (FO's confirmation audio did not previously match the actual affected probe heat).
  • FIXED - "You can disconnect the external air and GPU now" will now work properly on a 2nd leg.
  • NEW - Pushback Distance as selected on the FS2Crew Config Panel will now auto save.
  • NEW - Autothrottle disengaged added to speech grammar.
  • NEW - Voice commmand to set Transponder. SYNTAX: "SET XXXX ON THE TRANSPONDER".

Version 2.1 Change Log:
New Voice Commands:

• "CONFIGURE FOR A BLEEDS OFF LANDING" - Would be used during an engine failure/fire shortly after takeoff and you need to return to the departure airport on a hot day or at a high altitude airport and go around performance is an issue. FS2Crew always modeled bleeds off landings as an option, but the trigger altitude for the PM to setup for a bleeds off landing was descending through 10,000 feet. This new call allows you to setup for a bleeds off landing should you decide to turn around before climbing through 10,000 feet.
  • "RECYCLE FLIGHT DIRECTORS" - Note the new syntax: "Recycle" instead of "Cycle". Logic also fixed. FO will now shut off both FD's before turning them back on.
  • "N1 TOGA" - New FMA announcement.

General Fixes:

• FIXED - Possible CTDs when "Exiting" or "Closing Down" FSX.
  • FIXED - User settings not saved.
  • FIXED - Video Marshaller in Windows 8 now operational.
  • FIXED - On a one-engine landing, the deferred items will now be read after the Descent Checklist has been completed.
  • ADJUSTED - 'C'est Bon' removed from a few of the French sound files as per user request.

Updated Procedures:

• ONE ENGINE INOPERATIVE LANDING CHECKLIST - After calling for the checklist, the PM will ask you if you want to use Flaps 15 or Flaps 30 for landing. You must answer. The PM will then complete the checklist based on your respond. Please note the updated phraseology.

Procedure:

1.PF ONE ENGINE INOPERATIVE LANDING CHECKLIST

2.PM FLAPS 15 OR LANDING WITH FLAPS 30?

3. PF FLAPS 15 or FLAPS 30

4.PM Will complete the checklist.

5.PF Brief for a Flaps 15 Landing if required via the FS2Crew Briefing Panel

Version 2.0 Change Log:

New Voice Commands:

• "VISUAL" - Use it when you are switching to a visual approach. The FO/PM will alter his approach callouts accordingly.
  • "RESET MASTER CAUTION" - Used to extinguish nuisance Master Cautions.
  • "CYCLE FLIGHT DIRECTORS" - Used to cycle both FD's off.
  • "VNAV ALT" - New FMA announcement.

New Calls:

• "THRUST SET" - The FO will call Thrust Set after Takeoff power is reached.

New functions on FS2Crew Panels:

• AUDIO TEST BUTTON - Used to test the FS2Crew sound.

New Features:

• TIMER - FO/PM now starts his timer on takeoff, and turns off of when exiting the runway.

General Fixes:

• FIXED - Some users experienced FSX 'hanging' on shut-down.
  • FIXED - In certain situations, the wheel chocks would be placed, and then removed, at gate arrival.
  • FIXED - GPWS Inhibt Switches
  • FIXED - UK Voice Set 'Hydraulic Panel' made singular.
  • MODIFIED - The looping passenger boarding sound was edited slightly as per some user requests.
  • FIXED - If calling "SELECT RAW DATA ON YOUR SIDE" while shooting a VOR approach, the FO will now select the VOR ROSE instead of APP.

For Button Control Only:

• NEW OPTION - Skip Flaps 10. By default, FS2Crew will now skip the Flaps 10 call on approach. However if you want Flaps 10 again, go to this folder (you will need to enable 'show hidden folders' first):

Users\**** Your user Name **** \AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGX\SavedData

Open this file with Notepad: FS2CrewData.ini

Change:

FLAPS=0

to

FLAPS=1

Then Save.

I just love all those new voices for Captain and Co-pilot and thanks for the loyalty discount, great product.

Yay! No more CTD after selecting End Flight. (It was a minor annoyance but it's nice to see it addressed so quickly). I'm having a great time with the NGX right now. All of my add-ons are working nicely and I can focus on the task at hand and not have to worry about the PC environment.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Hi, I'm going to test your new product this weekend. However I do already have a question.

From which manual or QRH did you get the part that you could select the Flaps 30 for an one engine inoperative landing checklist?

ONE ENGINE INOPERATIVE LANDING CHECKLIST - After calling for the checklist, the PM will ask you if you want to use Flaps 15 or Flaps 30 for landing. You must answer. The PM will then complete the checklist based on your respond. Please note the updated phraseology.

In my Boeing manuals this is not an option, except when you get the engine failure on final approach. I am just curious to see where it stands. It isn't a big deal for me though.

The other products are great so I have no doubt that this one isn't a great product as well.

Best regards,

Yara Maylen de Vries

Hi, I'm going to test your new product this weekend. However I do already have a question.

From which manual or QRH did you get the part that you could select the Flaps 30 for an one engine inoperative landing checklist?

In my Boeing manuals this is not an option, except when you get the engine failure on final approach. I am just curious to see where it stands. It isn't a big deal for me though.

The other products are great so I have no doubt that this one isn't a great product as well.

Best regards,

Yara Maylen de Vries

]

Hi Yara,

Please look at the PMDG QRH

There are two versions of the One Engine Inop Landing checklist (check the Conditions).

One that allows for Flaps 15 (Airplanes without Fail Operational Autoland) and one that allows for Flaps 30 (Airplanes with Fail Operational Autoland capability).

So the FO is asking you which one you want to use since FS2Crew can't read if your plane has fail operational autoland.

This is useful when performing a visual approach to cancel and reset all FMA modes.

You turn all FDs OFF then ON again to be in "standby mode" in case of Go Around.

vpa055.png

]

Hi Yara,

Please look at the PMDG QRH

There are two versions of the One Engine Inop Landing checklist (check the Conditions).

One that allows for Flaps 15 (Airplanes without Fail Operational Autoland) and one that allows for Flaps 30 (Airplanes with Fail Operational Autoland capability).

So the FO is asking you which one you want to use since FS2Crew can't read if your plane has fail operational autoland.

Thank you Byork.

Guess that since the airlines I fly for don't have the Fail operational Autoland capability they didn't include it in the qrh (logical though ;) ) Hadn't read it before either. Thanks for the explanation.

Just a small detail in the manual, for the window overheat failure.

It is written :

PMDG Failure Name in FMC: ICE PROTECTION -> L/R SIDE WINDOW HEAT, L/R FRONT WINDOW HEAT

It should be : WINDOW OVERHEAT.

Window heat and window overheat failures exist in the FMC.

If you choose Window Heat, the Master Caution does not illuminate.

I've just tested in flight B)

vpa055.png

Thank you for the update. At this time I'm downloading it but it seems the server is very very slow (44ko/s !) ! Too much people or server problem ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just a small detail in the manual, for the window overheat failure.

It is written :

It should be : WINDOW OVERHEAT.

Window heat and window overheat failures exist in the FMC.

If you choose Window Heat, the Master Caution does not illuminate.

I've just tested in flight B)

Good eye!

I just updated the on-line manual to fix that typo.

Should be "OVHEAT" to match the NGX's FMC item.

Cheers,