Sign in to follow this  
jaccorn

Front Panel too large 2D cockpit.

Just reloaded 737NGX on my machine with a 4:3 Ratio CRT Monitor and have an old problem with the Front Panel too large for the scenery behind. Can not see runway on approach. FSX + FSX Acceleration.

Have loaded latest patch 1.C.

Have 'WideViewAspect=False in fsx.CFG. '

Have

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0

VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

in panel.cfg file

Can temporarily change view to correct position with Ctrl + Q.

Would appreciate any suggetions.

cheers

John Cornish

Can you post a screenshot?

Is your PC set to it's native resolution?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks all for your input.

My screen resolution is 1600x1200 which is native to the 4:3 Aspect Ratio screen.

Raising and lowering seat is not the affect I am after with shift+enter/shift+backspace. The changing of pilot perspective with Ctrl+Q and Ctrl+Shift+Q is the affect I wish to alter. I can get the view I want by selecting Ctrl+Q but if I select a side view left or right then return to the forward view it is too high once again.

cheers

John Cornish

Thanks Pete,

Changed 'WideViewAspect=True' from 'WideViewAspect=False' in fsx.CFG with no affect.

cheers

John Cornish

have you tried wideview aspect= true at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Jay,

The post you pointed to delt with changing 'WideView Aspect' in the FSX.cfg file to True or False depending on monitor type.

It also deals with changing the values of the 'Views. View

Post #8 in that thread tells you how to reset the forward view permanently which is what I thought you were looking for

Jay

There is a panel.cfg for 4:3 users located in the 737-800 (non winglet) panel folder - rename that to panel.cfg to make it active, then set WideViewAspect=False.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the interest Jay ,

Post #8 discusses settings in the FSX.cfg and Panel.cfg files. Both these have been checked and are as they should be.

What I have noticed though is that any change I make to the Panel.cfg file in Views.

View_Forward_Dir =. Has no affect on the cockpit perspective.

ie: whether I have 'View_Forward_Dir=1.0, 0.0, 0.0 or View_Forward_Dir=5.5, 0.0, 0.0'. the cockpit perspective does not change. What would cause the Panel.cfg instructions to be ignored?

Cheers

John Cornish

Thanks Ryan,

Changed panel.cfg to panel.cfg.old and panel_4_3.cfg to panel.cfg then reloaded. The undercarriage selector was pushed off the side of my screen but the forward view did not change.

cheers

John Cornish

Thanks Ryan,

Changed panel.cfg to panel.cfg.old and panel_4_3.cfg to panel.cfg then reloaded. The undercarriage selector was pushed off the side of my screen but the forward view did not change.

cheers

John Cornish

Can you post a screen shot of your issue? Maybe we are talking about 2 different things.

Jay