Sign in to follow this  
crimtye

How does one install the McPhat installer NGX?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the McPhat repaints ( are we allowed to discuss that here..?)

I have watched the YouTube video in which there is supposedly a key to unlock a file (AA Repaint) that requires an installer which I can't find. (Hope that makes sense)

I've registered on the McPhat website, but alas...

It looks so good in the videos and I want it badly !

Any help/info is appreciated

MUCHOS GRACIAS

PS: I'm having a hard time understanding why the process of downloading McPhat liveries for the NGX has to be so difficult :P

Make sure you unhide annotations. It's the square comment box in the bottom right hand corner. The key will only be displayed when annotations are on.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Make sure you unhide annotations. It's the square comment box in the bottom right hand corner. The key will only be displayed when annotations are on.

Thank you! However, where on their website do I go to enter it? In the description it mentions an Installer. However I can't find the installer on their website, or the location to download the NGX repaints... :(

The McPhat repaints are not online anymore. And to be honest, I don't think they're coming back.

The McPhat repaints are not online anymore. And to be honest, I don't think they're coming back.

Ahh that's a shame :(

Oh well

I had the Delta and American paints and they were pretty awesome. Don't know why they took the freeware down but I lost my paints after reinstalling FSX.

As I understand it, there was a falling out between McPhat and PMDG over this very subject; I spoke briefly to the guys at McPhat about it. I wanted the repaints a badly as everyone else, but they were literally obliterated from existence. Too bad; they looked really great. I've searched for 6 months and they are just not out there. Give up; you're wasting your time looking unless some kind soul has them and sends them to you.

Sharing is not allowed :mellow: .

I have had some good conversations with mr. Randazzo, unfortunately he did not have the time to accomodate the negotiations between McPhat and PMDG in his schedule, nor did he have the time to arrange something for the mutual customers/fans PMDG and McPhat have. We have tried hard, there is nothing else we can do. McPhat probably wanted to release these textures more than anyone else, unfortunately after more than a year of hard work on a product we already had a deal for we could not release, not even as freeware. It is a shame that in a community of hobbyists things like this happen, in the end we are left with a financial gap, but the simmer cannot enjoy the textures they have been waitng for so long.

I have the entire files, im trying to reinstall but I forgot how to

I have the entire files, im trying to reinstall but I forgot how to

I don't think it would make any difference if you did remember how to install. I believe the key that was in the video will no longer work. So even if you have a key/serial number it is no longer valid and will not activate the product.

Michael Cubine

I personally find McPhat's work too heavy on resources, and a cause for increased OOMs.  Also, on the two occasions I bought from them, the experience was not good, and neither was the support service (especially the attitude shown).

The native repaints on the PMDG site are fantastic, as are the 100s of repaints for the PMDG birds in the AVSIM file library, Flightsim.com, etc.

I do have the keys and they still work fine

That's good to know. Thanks for the correction.