Sign in to follow this  
mbarnette

FO sleeping on the job

I have aproblem with the FO not flipping switches. Take for instance engine start, when he goes to start the engines, the overhead mini panel will open but the starter switches wont be pulled out for start. The throttle mini panel will open but the fuel control switches will not be moved. I have to go behind the FO and flip all the switches he should have. Thanks for any help.

Who else came here expecting a real life situation with a co-pilot sleeping on the job?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Bryan, I been experiencing this same issue for over a year now. I always end up having to do a complete reinstall of both the PMDG 747x and FS 2 voice to resolve the issue. Just uninstalling and reinstalling voice commander doesn't work. Were you able to resolve the problem for the previous poster? If so, please tell me how. It seems to happen every time I add or remove any new FSX software. Thanks for your help and some great software. Own 747, 737ngx, maddog and js4100...all voice packages and looking forward to the airbus x voice.

Hmm. I've never used any custom panels with that bird. Only use the PMDG cold and dark setup. However, I have just noticed after a new reinstall (scenery file corruption...gotta love some peoples freebie scenery) that I do not have the FS2 cold and dark option in the pull down but copilot is wide awake and on the job. Well, its temporary, I hope, till V2 comes out. Thanks for the reply.

Hello Bryan. I may have figured out the culprit behind the mini-panel issue. Apparently, FS2 does NOT like, appreciate nor tolerate any other gauge files being placed AFTER the FS2 gauge line in the VC 01 window. My example would be Shockwave lights. If I install FS2 FIRST, then install the shockwave light gauge lines ABOVE FS2, then renumber the lines correctly, which makes FS2 #21, then all seems to work just fine. But if FS2 is installed after Shockwave lights OR uninstalled with Shockwave installed, FS2 removes the shockwave light gauge lines. Don't know why...but...what're ya gonna do? Anyway, bottom line is...NO gauge lines after FS2 in the VC01 section of the Panel.cfg. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. Have a great day.