Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Powerback

Hi Chaps,

I've just gotten back into the JS41 and can't fathom something that I used to do, but now can't.

As real eastern airways aircraft do, instead of requesting a pushback, I've always performed a powerback using the prop reverser. However now whenever I place the power lever into the reverse range after the startup, nothing seems to happen. It seems somewhat odd and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I've tried with condition levers in both flight and taxi and no difference.

As a test, I tried doing a powerback after a flight, and strangely enough it worked - fueling me 'something in me noggin has been forgotten' feeling!

Thanks,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi Chaps,

I've just gotten back into the JS41 and can't fathom something that I used to do, but now can't.

As real eastern airways aircraft do, instead of requesting a pushback, I've always performed a powerback using the prop reverser. However now whenever I place the power lever into the reverse range after the startup, nothing seems to happen. It seems somewhat odd and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I've tried with condition levers in both flight and taxi and no difference.

As a test, I tried doing a powerback after a flight, and strangely enough it worked - fueling me 'something in me noggin has been forgotten' feeling!

Thanks,

James

Perhaps simple, but have you released the start locks?

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

It doesn't always work this powerback thing with FSX especially if you have powerful winds at the airport.And if you're not careful and keep the reversers too long you might end up burning your engines because of the egt.For me is much safer to just use shift+p then taxi in whichever direction is the runway in use,

Like Eric, my first thought was the Start Locks. But if you are going far enough into reverse that should unlock them. perhaps you have to unlock them and go back to idle before trying reverse. interesting though.

James, do you mean you get the reverse pitch sound but the plane is not moving or you get nothing?

Only the JS41?

Dumb question I know but where are your prop levers - try recycling them from feathered to fine before trying reverse. Its just that I once had that problem but might not be yours.

Ron W

No I was just saying to park at an angle and not have to reverse..

I have started the engines where I had saved the flight after I had placed the throttles in full revers to engage the start locks during shut down and later when I started the engines and released the brakes, the plane would move backwards...

Hi Jim, actually I was asking James not Jim. I should have included his quote .... but thanks :-)

So James W - what about my question?

Ron W

Since no has mentioned it yet the chocks and parking brake off? :) The reason i mentioned it since the op has stated that it worked ater a flight, so obivoulsy it does work. So thinking start of the flight from cold and dark maybe just maybe hes forgotten it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Guys,

Sorry for slow reply - had to venture into the real world for a few days, what a scary place!

I can confirm that the start locks were removed before powerback, as I do that check before the taxi check. The problem is that the aircraft just doesn't move, sometimes it moves back at a very slow pace, but most of the time it just won't move.

To test I've tried;

Condition levers in taxi.

Condition levers in flight.

Cycle condition levers from taxi to flight and back again.

Full reverse, and just gradual reverse.

Cycling the brakes, and parking brake.

Still doesn't move after starting the engines and I've had to use pushback. It has worked for me twice recently that I can remember, the first time the only thing I can remember that I'd done was forgot to remove the wheel chock.. the second time was at the end of the aforementioned flight.

Thanks for the replies all..

James W

Sorry to bring back this old thread. But did anyone ever figure out why this isn't working? Just got back into my JS4100 and found that I still frustratingly can't do powerbacks!

James W

I have a similar but intermittent problem with powerbacks, can' explain it, even in a lightly loaded aircraft. It seems to work intitially but then if you halt the powerback and then try it again it won't budge.

Complete and utter insurrection