Sign in to follow this  
AIRIFR

747 performance

Yeah will do,

How about you guys? What about your remaining fuel at landing, same as planned or different like me?, as per PMDG charts Im talking, NOT with any other tool.

It could be that the winds aloft information Im getting is not accurate hence wrong planning, if winds aloft info is wrong obviously this gonna false all the calculations lol.

Where/how do you guys get your avg winds aloft for your flights?

Im thinking of something now, Im gonna try a different method for winds aloft, for my next flight and see the outcome, Ill let you know.

I mainly fly short-haul European flights. I usually calculate reserves to be between 21000 and 25000 lb. I believe I usually land with 25000–40000 lb (depending on the flight).

I currently use Jeppesen and NOAA winds aloft data. Perhaps there are more accurate methods, but these sources seem reliable.

I usually land with 25000–40000 lb of fuel (depending on the flight).

Thanks for the info!

For the flights where you land with 40000lbs and you had planned 21-25, if winds aloft/your planning etc accurate, why land with extra 19-15000lbs? Does this mean if charts accurate that then it could be the modeling of the 747-400X not as accurate?

I try to understand those fuel remaining differences, too much/low, with everything else (winds aloft, planning etc..) being accurate.

Maybe 2-3000 difference ok but not 15-19000.

Could be PMDG/FSX limitation to reproduce accurately flight characteristics?

Hopefully the new 747v2 will bring better accuracy.