Sign in to follow this  
dodger

Panel Merge

Hi,

I have a Posky Airbus 320 installed and it has the Default Airbus 321 VC with it but i would like to know how i can switch panels and put the Default 737-800 VC into the Airbus 320.

Thanks for any help.

Roger.

Project Opensky or Project Airbus, Both are completely different groups, and Project Opensky never made an A320. But I'm curious as to why you want to put a 737 virtual cockpit in an A320 in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hello Kevin,

Yes, sorry my mistake it should have been Project Airbus!

The reason for the panel change is i know the Boeing panels well but do not usually use an Airbus, i don't like the Airbus panel and i have only recently moved over to FSX but when i used FS2002/4 i would use what ever panel i prefered , having said that i do feel that the VC's in FSX are really great without being complicated like some other VC's i could mention.

For instance, in F9 iwould use a 737 panel in my 767 and as long as everything worked then great! of course this change may not be possible?

Cheers,

Roger.

I was just asking. I don't use FSX, nor do I use the Airbus A320, so I don't know how they did the model. If the virtual cockpit is its own separate model, then it would be possible to switch it, although I don't know how since as I said, I don't use FSX. However, if they built the virtual cockpit into the model, more than likely it isn't possible unless there's something about FSX that I don't know about.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

It is possible, if you're using a FSX native version of it. You have to copy the interior model from the 737 model folder into the PA320 model folder and change the entry for the interior model so that this points to the 737 VC. Then you'll need to find all the texture files that end with "_C" in the 737/texture folder and copy it to the Airbus's texture folder. Then copy/paste the gauges folder, but rename the Panel folder of the PA320 before you paste it, or you might lose those gauges!

That should be all.