Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

The Wonders of Photoreal Scenery

One of the fun things about photoreal scenery (in my case MegaSceneryEath) is finding those out of the way, one very specific place only oddities of real life and how they appear from above. If you have Google Earth you can find out what these patterns really are. Hint: N35 58 37 W 77 47 52 will get you pretty close:

DAN-PC-2013-feb-19-006.jpg

The answer tomorrow.

Me too, me too!! :yahoo:

btw, it's an awesome screenshot! The colors look very natural to me.

Wow! I just checked the coordinates with Google Earth like you mentioned and that's spot on. What was your altitude in the screenshot Dan?

Chris Sunseri

I was between 5-6000ft msl, descending for landing at Elizabeth City. Yes, everybody that knows can tell but I'm not telling until tomorrow.

Remember, the first correct answer wins an all expenses paid (virtual) flight to anywhere in the world their little hearts desire, as long as they do the flying, sim purchases, set up, etc. Provide your own snacks and scheduling shall be a the discretion of the governing board of Greenbrier Virtual Aviation, its' managers and directors. Some conditions apply. No member of the posters family, friends, or any person viewing or replying to opening post in this thread eligible to enter.

Until tomorrow!! Same bat time, same bat channel unless different.

Great shots coupled with a fun idea,Kinda a Flight Sim Treasure Hunt! Love it,I'll hold my answer till tomorrow.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I wish default textures could replicate colors this naturally and terrain diversity so accurately!

http://www.rockymoun...com/default.htm

This seems to be it :) Free flight please :P

And the winner is...(insert drum roll) Jesse757 for correctly identifying the Rocky Mt Sports Complex!!! Unfortunately Jesse did not closely read the rules and disclaimers (see my second post above). He actually viewed and commented upon the original post and is therefore ineligible to win the free sim flight to anywhere in the world. Sorry Jesse.

Thanks for joining in the fun here. I hope you enjoyed playing along.

Hi to Phantom88 ;-)

I wish default textures could replicate colors this naturally and terrain diversity so accurately!

I am totally enjoying using and discovering the diversity of photoreal scenery despite its' several shortcomings. In another post someone else commented, move left or right 5 miles and there are totally new secrets and scenes to discover.

Ironically I was in Rocky Mount just a couple months ago. That's a whole lotta baseball & softball in them thar fields :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Ironically I was in Rocky Mount just a couple months ago. That's a whole lotta baseball & softball in them thar fields :lol:

Yeah I was reading the link provided by Jesse757 above. Seems the only thing left out was an Olympic swimming venue. Quite a deal. With a name like pinlifter are you a RR man??

I was hoping to keep that a secret Dan! I'm a conductor for Norfolk Southern Railroad and was bitten by the airplane bug early on while in the Air Force.

Chris Sunseri

Pinlifter is pretty much a give away to a model RR hobbyist. I used to model WV logging 1910--1920. Think generic but having a basis in fact as to what was used in WV in that era. Not Cass but close