Sign in to follow this  
BertW

Engine fire after takeoff

Hi Bryan,

My first flight with FS2Crew Emergency NGX was with an engine fire after takeoff. Great fun.

I tried to follow the manual. However, I noticed that there seems to be parts missing in the manual after PM pulled the Engine Fire Switch?

Those parts in QRH that start with: If the engine fire switch or eng overheat light stays illuminated.

Cheers,

Bert

Hi Bryan,

My first flight with FS2Crew Emergency NGX was with an engine fire after takeoff. Great fun.

I tried to follow the manual. However, I noticed that there seems to be parts missing in the manual after PM pulled the Engine Fire Switch?

Those parts in QRH that start with: If the engine fire switch or eng overheat light stays illuminated.

Cheers,

Bert

Hi Bert,

The manual is just intended to get you into the swing of using Emergency - to show you how to interact with the PM to get the job done. The QRH will contain all the detail. In the specific case you mention, the PF's involvement in the memory items/checklist ends once the engine fire switch has been pulled as that is the last item that you as PF needs to confirm with the PM. Of course as PF you still need to monitor the progress of the memory items/checklist as the PM progresses through them, but all the choices and actions are now only for the PM and are detailed in the QRH which he talks you through.

I recommend reading the manual in conjunction with the QRH so you can see where your interaction as PF with the PM fits in.

Thanks, I think I am getting it now.

I thought that verbal confirmation from PF also was needed for PM to rotate the Engine Fire Warning Switch. But that confirmation is obviously not needed. I understand that the word “Confirm” is added to the QRH checklist items when both crewmembers must verbally agree before action is taken.

Cheers,

Thanks, I think I am getting it now.

I thought that verbal confirmation from PF also was needed for PM to rotate the Engine Fire Warning Switch. But that confirmation is obviously not needed. I understand that the word “Confirm” is added to the QRH checklist items when both crewmembers must verbally agree before action is taken.

Cheers,

You got it Bert!

The more you run through the failures, the more experience you will acquire and they'll seem like a "walk in the park"! (Well, kind of anyway)

Good luck with it!

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers