Sign in to follow this  
mercer77

Airbus X Extended

I have just purchased Airbus x extended I was told today about FDC live cockpit has anyone tried it and does it work ok with Airbus and QW 757

Welcome to Avsim!

I presume this is actually more about FDC than about the AXE? In this case it would have been better to name this thread something related to FDC, as most people will assume you need some help with/opinions on the Extended.

I have bought FDC some time ago, and I didn't really like it. It's quite complicated to set up, and it gave me awefull performance even with default airplanes (might have been my fault, too). In case that you really want to use it with the QW757 and the AXE, I'd recommend you not to buy it. Both have some "sound systems" that do similar stuff (well, not as detailed as FDC does, but still great), which are included in the respective addons, and they can be switched on/off quite easily, so not long fiddling around to set up an external program to fit your plane and route, but rather a question of a few clicks!

Regards,

Flo

I was told today about FDC live cockpit

Go and have a listen to what it sounds like on YouTube first...

Once you hear it, you can decide for yourself if you like it or not.

I've had FDC for a number of years, since it was a small free program to the current version. I have no performance issues - no impact on frame rates or CTD's. There are many performance file available for nearly all aircraft as well as sound files for different languages for the cabin announcements. However I have some issues with the AXE as that aircraft changes the flap setting operation amongst others so I don't use FDC with the AXE. It does work perfectly well with the PMDG NGX though and there are many options to tweak to your requirements.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

No, not at all. While FDC adds sounds that are played taking into account the current phase of flight, GSX adds ground services, i.e. (de-)boarding busses and stairs, catering and fuel trucks and pushback on every single airport there is in FSX, and that's done in a better way than FSX does it by default.

Thanks for positive replies I believe there is an addon GSX does anyone know is that similar to FDC

FDC should rather be compared to FS2Crew: Both are highly rated, FS2Crew is perfectly integrated into a particular airplane, FDC works with a wide variety of airplanes and has huge flexibility to get customized by you, but can't interact with the custom code in those addon planes.

GSX should be compared to AES: GSX is one purchase for all airports in FSX, graphics are better than those from AES. AES adds some textures to runways (wet/snowy runways) and a centreline bump (sound) for the takeoff roll. But you have to buy credits for most of your add-on airports and assign them to specific airports (assignments, by and large, can't be changed/switched later on).

Take a look at a few youtube videos to get a feel for all four titles; you can also test the AES basepack for free; it'll work without restrictions in Nuremberg (EDDN) as its demo airport.

My 2 cents: I rate GSX over AES. FS2Crew/FDC is a matter of taste and priorities. To me it's rather FDC, but I rate FS2Crew highly, too. GSX and FDC are "one-time-investments"; AES and FS2Crew become very expensive with a growing variety of your planes and airports.

I had difficulties with FDC when upgrading to Windows 7. Plus, I got tired spending multiple hours setting up various aircraft profiles. However, I still wanted a CoPilot program to work with my QW757. So, I decided to write my own. If you have time, you may want to give it a go. It accomplishes many of the functions of FDC, with one important difference….ITS FREE. However, if you’re looking for a more comprehensive CoPilot program, I strongly recommend you review MCE.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=FSFO&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root

http://www.flightsimfirstofficer.com/

http://www.fspilotshop.com/multi-crew-ultimate-experience-p-2813.html

Matt King

Many thanks to replies so important when your still fairly new to flight sim and not a tech super brain I am learning fast and enjoying

May I recommend you give a try to MCE, there is a free trial version available on their site and it will give you a lot more than FDC with voice recognition, more than FS2Crew with ATC, so it's worth giving it a shot. There is also an MCE thread on AVSIM forum at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

FDC should rather be compared to FS2Crew: Both are highly rated, FS2Crew is perfectly integrated into a particular airplane, FDC works with a wide variety of airplanes and has huge flexibility to get customized by you, but can't interact with the custom code in those addon planes.

You can't compare the 2 unless both are compatible which in this case they are not as there is currently no version of FS2Crew for the Airbus X. Although there may be in the future. A better comparison would be FDC vs MCE (Multi-Crew Experience.) . I used to use both, but FDC was too much of a hassle, (IMHO) and I primarily used MCE for voice recognition for ATC, but because I used real world level AI traffic, and default ATC 's unnecessary vectoring and traffic alerts, it was hard to cut in to respond. I now use ProFlight 2000 Emulator (PFE) which incidentally is made by the same developer as FDC. MCE can also handle ATC by voice with PFE, so I will probably give it another try!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You can't compare the 2 unless both are compatible which in this case they are not as there is currently no version of FS2Crew for the Airbus X. Although there may be in the future. A better comparison would be FDC vs MCE (Multi-Crew Experience.) . I used to use both, but FDC was too much of a hassle, (IMHO) and I primarily used MCE for voice recognition for ATC, but because I used real world level AI traffic, and default ATC 's unnecessary vectoring and traffic alerts, it was hard to cut in to respond. I now use ProFlight 2000 Emulator (PFE) which incidentally is made by the same developer as FDC. MCE can also handle ATC by voice with PFE, so I will probably give it another try!!!

Good one, Tom, in distinguishing GSX from FDC, MCE just slipped my mind. I don't have any experience with MCE so your hints will be pretty helpful.

By the way, FS2Crew has already signalled (on the Aerosoft forums) that they intend to develop a version for the 'extended Airbus'. So, quite a few "flightdeck experiences" to choose from.

And just to complicate matters: With ATC I stick to RC4.3 and refrain from PFE. Which may prove that I'm not related to oncourse-software in any way ...

By the way, FS2Crew has already signalled (on the Aerosoft forums) that they intend to develop a version for the 'extended Airbus'. So, quite a few "flightdeck experiences" to choose from.

I know, that's why I said, there may be a FS2Crew product for the Airbus X in the future!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d