Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Multiple Monitors for MSX

I have a particular problem that I cannot resolve.

Specifically, what I am trying to accomplish is shown in this video at the :31-:35 second range on this video (http://www.rogerdodger.net/videos/multi-monitor_1.html). As you can see they are in 'Virtual Cockpit' mode and have one view stretched over both screens. As you move around the cockpit both screens move together.

Note - I already have my system set up so that I can move across both monitors. But I have been unable to pull the virtual cockpit across both monitors - instead, what I do is open up another window w/ another virtual cockpit - unlock it - and move it to the other monitor. At that point I move it around and adjust the zoom settings. I can get it to look pretty good, but the point that you bank in either direction the two virtual cockpits pivot differently making it very unrealistic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think they were using a Matrox dualhead2go there (or a triplehead2go with only 2 screens connected).

Alternatively, AMD eyefinity might let you span two screens. nvidia surround definitely doesn't - it's 3 screens or nothing.

Let me check out my video card and get back to you - I"m 99% sure it is a Nvidia ___ - I do quite a bit of video editing and which ever card I purchased allowed Premiere Pro to work render free for several effects.

I can use Eyefinity on my AMD card to achieve pretty much any monitor config I want. Windows just sees it as one big desktop, then I just run FSX fullscreen and it covers all monitors.

It doesn't matter if it's 3 monitors or 2; nor does it matter how you set them up. I've tried setups with my three monitors turned vertical and placed side by side (didn't like it much), and with only two monitors stacked one above the other (works great for single seater planes).

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.