Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

So, how is the B200 these days?

How's the B200? Has Carenado fixed the big issues? Does it fly like a KingAir?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

it is the best B200 we currenty have and we make do with it until something better come along. patience is a virtue

and yes the biggest issues seem to have been corrected. I personally have no problem with it now. i can live with the few little niggling issues i might have and would have liked to be corrected.

I've been sitting on the fence on it. I know it probably has great graphics and a good FDE but not sure about otherwise...do the systems work like a KingAir. Milviz has their 300 coming out some time this year and I could just wait or have both.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Gregg,

I have it, I fly it, it's worth the money, I also am watching for the MilViz King Air. Flight 1 also has a 200 coming as well, but looks like the MilViz will have the Collins Pro-line. glass.

Regards,

Jim :-)

Jim Parkinson

Gregg,

I have it, I fly it, it's worth the money, I also am watching for the MilViz King Air. Flight 1 also has a 200 coming as well, but looks like the MilViz will have the Collins Pro-line. glass.

Regards,

Jim :-)

But Milviz will also release a steam version just after the initial release. This has been confirmed on a number of accasions by Milviz. Infact the steam version is already being developed right alongside the proline version. However there will be a slight delay in releasing the steam version.

I spent a lot of time getting my Carenado C90 and my avionics for it dialed in that after researching and finding that it would take equal time or more for the B200 I decided to stay on the fence for a while. I have logged about 115 hours in the C90 over the past 90 days and am finding that I enjoy it more and more as I get more and more familiar with it. If you are willing to invest some hours in fine-tuning the B200 I am confident you will find the same pleasure in it.

N903TT%283%29-S.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I spent a lot of time getting my Carenado C90 and my avionics for it dialed in that after researching and finding that it would take equal time or more for the B200 I decided to stay on the fence for a while. I have logged about 115 hours in the C90 over the past 90 days and am finding that I enjoy it more and more as I get more and more familiar with it. If you are willing to invest some hours in fine-tuning the B200 I am confident you will find the same pleasure in it.

What kind of tuning did you have to do to the 90?

Gregg Seipp

I must have confused you with my reference to fine-tuning in my reference to the B200

If you are willing to invest some hours in fine-tuning the B200 I am confident you will find the same pleasure in it.

Note that in reference to the C90 I said getting it dialed in. For the C90 I of course applied the SP's. I applied Bert's hotspots on the EADI/EHSI for adjusting Heading and Course of the autopilot (see http://forum.avsim.n...ing-and-course/). I added the RXP430 in one livery and both the RXP430 and RXP530 in another. I configured the gauge pop ups to resize them and position them where I want, and I was not fluent in how to do that before I started so I had a lot of trial-and-error. For instance my RXP430 pop up is resized smaller and is located in the bottom right corner of the screen, and my EADI/EHSI is smaller than the default and pops up over the VC EADI/EHSI gauges instead of along the left margin of the screen. My pop ups are remapped per keystrokes so that I can use my yoke buttons consistently between one aircraft type and another. Example, my primary RXP GPS is mapped in each aircraft type to shift-8 and one of my yoke buttons is mapped to shift-8. So that yoke button always brings up the primary GPS, whether I am in the C90, the 337, the Bonanza, or whatever. I also completed livery texture recoloring and custom tail numbers for three livery variations.

Here is a thread that could become a good reference point in regard to what all I can do with the B200, when and if I spring for it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393400-king-air-b200-punch-list/

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My pop ups are remapped per keystrokes so that I can use my yoke buttons consistently between one aircraft type and another.

The first thing I also do with any new plane. I have standard set for all my planes. take a little time but so worth it..

So, why would you put 2 GNS500s in an airplane? What's the purpose? Also, which one controls the autopilot?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

The GPS that controls the autopilot can be set in one of the config files. Forget at the momebt if it is the panel.cfg or the rxpgns.ini file.

What can you do with (2) RXP GPSs? Plenty. If you have the RXP Unlimited Pack it provides you with a second RXP GPS for each model you own. You can crossfill between them, and if you own both the RXP430 and RXP530 and have one of each installed in an aircraft you can also crossfill between those. That allows you to have the active flight plan active on both. From there you can keep your map view open on one and then do a variety of things on the other, like view the list of nav points in the flight plan; or the vertical profile if you have set one; or use the second GPS to look up and tune COM and NAV frequencies. If you activate a flight plan on the primary GPS (the one slaved to the AP) then you can do about anything else with the second GPS that it is capable of, and do it with the same flight plan.

Where I have a second GPS in the panel I have one configured for COM 1 and NAV 1, and the second GPS configured for COM 2 and NAV 2. I often pre-load up to four COM frequencies for my route, two on #1 and two on #2, and a quick flip of switches on the panel and/or GPS's allows very quick selection.

Because of the crossfill and link I can store up to 38 flight plans within that environment. It's actually almost double that considering the Garmin/RXP GPS's have the ability within the menu function to invert a flight plan.

It makes for a powerful combination to have two installed.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Welllll, I got it.  Can't say I'm impressed.  The visuals are amazing and the FDE is very well done.  But, so much disabled or inoperative. Maybe I'm just spoiled by RealAir and PMDG. 

Gregg Seipp

But, so much disabled or inoperative. Maybe I'm just spoiled by RealAir and PMDG.

Gregg, I'm curious what you're finding missing that would be of value - particularly when compared to one of RealAir's planes like the Turbine Duke?  Keep in mind, I don't have the 200, just the C90, but even with a few missing pieces the C90 as implemented is still a more complex plane to fly than the Duke, with more (working) systems to manage. 

PMDG?  Sure, that's a whole 'nother thing, but also far more complex planes.  This is no 737 or even a J41.

Anyway, just curious...

Scott

Yes, it is more complex than the RealAir planes but, while they are less complex, RealAir did implement what the planes have.  Like I mentioned, graphics stunning, FDE also amazing.  But...

• Autopilot:  IAS and VS not implemented...or can't click the buttons.
  • Quite a few items on the checklist you can't do.  I'm not at my sim right now but off the top of my head to name a few...Test buttons inoperative, inverters not implemented,   (Checklist doesn't even seem right for the airplane based on equipment.)
  • I couldn't get the elevator trim to work.  The wheel spun but it didn't seem to have any affect on pitch.  (Yeah, I had the button on the center console on.)  Tried various speeds, powers...it just wanted to pitch up 15 degrees.

Part of my frustration was also the documentation...it always is with Carenado...sigh.  That's a tough hump for me to get over.  But, also, at the end of the day I asked myself, if I had a King Air and it had that many things out of service, would I fly it?

Gregg Seipp