Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

FSX on TV/In Movies

Hello All!

I was thinking of starting this post for people to say where they've seen FSX on the news, on TV, in the movies, posters, etc... For example I found the following clip (

). Does anyone know of anywhere else FSX is in real life?

-abasa12

Interesting question. I wonder whether Mayday and Seconds from Disaster feature FSX.

However, many episodes were created before the release of FSX and its add-ons.

About two years ago I was honoured to create the animations for a four parted TV series at Channel 7 in the Australian TV called Air Emergencies, each of them containing 2 short reports.

It has been moderated by the aviation journalist Geoffrey Thomas, and it was dealing with several kinds of air emergencies.

It was not easy to satisfy the needs of Geoffrey and the team at Channel 7 and it took a lot of time to finish, but it also was a lot of fun, and I was very proud of being a part of the team.

One of those episodes still can be seen at YouTube:

Regards, Andreas

Just Flight did a clip of an A330 for an AF447 news story on the BBC:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ikxiYgTf9Yc

I also saw FSX used in an episode of US TV show 'Leverage' (S04E09 entitled 'The Cross My Heart Job'). Don't recall the storyline details though...

Great idea for a thread, by the way!

I do know of one one when the newscaster was following a story about a plane that overshot the runway and and the newscaster use fsx in the clip.